Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Folding Guide: HFM.net, Free Website Hosting, and Free FTP Server Sync

EHW Folding@Home

I only run hfm.net on 1 PC. Do you have it on multiple PC's? 

I add each PC into that PC's folding client. Then, hfm.net pulls it all from that client only.

EHW News Editor
3 hours ago, BWG said:

I only run hfm.net on 1 PC. Do you have it on multiple PC's? 

I add each PC into that PC's folding client. Then, hfm.net pulls it all from that client only.

Ah, thats why, yea will be running on 4 PC's. I'll have to get the network sorted out then. Have them all running HFM and local ip. Probably why its overwriting. 

Edited by Avacado
EHW Folding@Home
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Avacado said:

Ah, thats why, yea will be running on 4 PC's. I'll have to get the network sorted out then. Have them all running HFM and local ip. Probably why its overwriting. 

I've done it local on windows, but that's it as far as I've gotten with linking clients together to 1 machine. When you do, you can turn everything off/on from that 1 pc.

Edited by BWG
EHW Folding@Home
6 hours ago, Avacado said:

Yea, I have no idea at this point how to remotely link all my clients to one HFM client to display. 

Remotely link all of your clients to 1 client on a pc and then install hfm.net 😉

Premium Platinum

I have HFM running on every pc and laptop in this house, write down all the local IP's and make sure to set a rule in the firewall to accept those local IP's on every system. Like @BWG said, it's easy to control all the hardware from every device too (start/stop/finish).

EHW Folding@Home

I have HFM on a single PC and FAH Control each.

You only need a single instance of HFM and you just add all your other PC's as Clients.  Just set either your machines with static IP's, or in the router, set a static IP per device so they always get the same IP address.  All PC's can just use the default port 36330 or whatever it is in FAHControl and that shouldn't be blocked by default in Windows firewall.

You may just need to go in to configuration of each PC FAHControl and add a password for remote control and the IP range allowed.  This will need a full restart of the whole FAHClient/FAHControl to take affect sometimes, so normally easier to just reboot the PC after adding the password and allowed IP range.

• 2 weeks later...