Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
IGNORED

Doubling Down: RTX 3070 Modded with 16GB of VRAM

Modder and YouTuber "VIK-on" completed his project on modifying a Palit RTX 3070 with 16GB of video memory, doubling the card's VRAM capacity from its original 8GB specification. In his video detailing the mod, VIK-on shows us the installation process of the memory modules, and his experiences using the card.

This isn't the first time this has happened. We've previously covered VIK-on's memory mod on an RTX 2070, where he upgrades that card from 8GB to 16GB of memory with some success. Things seem to have gone better with the 3070 this round.

Source

• Thanks 1

EHW News Editor
888 286

I saw this on a different site and I was going to post in as news here but I didn't because the article didn't say anything about the performance gain. I had to look it up myself, in the video his 16GB 3070 gets about 13750 IIRC for the 3Dmark graphics score which is up about ~1000 points from a standard 8GB 3070, so less than a 10% gain but definitely more than nothing. 

Edited by UltraMega