Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

TC Rules Discussion - The Reshaping of The Team Competition

EHW Folding@Home
Posted (edited)

I can just add up the wu's on the slot for the single item in the event, and issue a fluffy pink slip.

Edited by BWG
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same, I've been running my card for the Foldathon over there and no hiccups in the stats 👍   I like the idea of the handicap system, test it out and we'll see what happens.  

I have some more updates on this. We're going to run 3 person teams. Categories will be nVidia/AMD GPU categories, and CPU Wildcard. Each category will have a points adjustment to each users points, e

Hoping this week that we can get the code sorted out on a dev-site alongside the main.

Posted Images

Premium Platinum
2 minutes ago, BWG said:

I can just add up the wu's on the slot for the single item in the event, and issue a fluffy pink slip.

Just that easy, no passkey needed to find out I was a cheating ninja..

Premium Bronze

I need about 10-14 more days before my rigs are back up to snuff. I had to order some new parts, and a lot of things are getting reconfigured right now. But when it's all done, I will have 1 machine dedicated to folding 24/7 with other machines that can part-time.

EHW Folding@Home

I have PM'd Kobalt and Supercrumpet which are the 2 other interested Team Captains per the sign-up sheet. Tictoc has Foldaholics and I have the Fluffy Pink Ninja's re-activated. I asked them to pic a team name and make their team threads. 

I think it's time for all of those who were interested to make some decisions on who they would like to join.

1 change was made to the categories late last week to remove CPU from the 3rd category name, but we will still allow CPU's in that category along with any nVidia/AMD GPU. I think the Wildcard will be interesting with the adjustments we apply to points. I'm going to simulate 5800x vs 1070 sometime next week just to get a feel for what would win with the adjustments. Also, 1080ti.

Will we be using the restrictions of new gen vs old gen cards that I saw in a different thread? Definitely a fan of the scaling points adjustments. If we're also scaling Windows up to match Linux, I think that would actually motivate me to use the slower OS since I'm more comfortable overclocking there than I am on Linux. Just something for me to figure out.