Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Gallery images gone?

Administrators

Oh sorry, I thought you meant user albums. 

So I am taking a look at the gallery section and I am struggling to remember what it looked like before, however it is behaving as per the settings assigned. At the moment it is set to show recently updates images on the gallery page, which right now would indeed be the images uploaded by BWG, in order to test I uploaded some new images of the IceGiant ProSiphon Elite cooler, and these are also now showing alongside BWG images in the "New Images" section.

This seems to be behaving normally as per the settings applied to the gallery in the back end so far as I can see.

News Editor
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Oh sorry, I thought you meant user albums. 

So I am taking a look at the gallery section and I am struggling to remember what it looked like before, however it is behaving as per the settings assigned. At the moment it is set to show recently updates images on the gallery page, which right now would indeed be the images uploaded by BWG, in order to test I uploaded some new images of the IceGiant ProSiphon Elite cooler, and these are also now showing alongside BWG images in the "New Images" section.

This seems to be behaving normally as per the settings applied to the gallery in the back end so far as I can see.

Ahh ok, understood. Previously, when I clicked gallery you were able to see the cumulative user submissions. Now it just displays the most recent. There is not a way to get to the user submissions gallery through the main gallery tab that I remember being there before. 

IIRC it used to be

Forum > Gallery > Member submissions or Member Albums.

Now it's just 

Forum > Gallery

So you used to be able to scroll through the entire content of albums, now it seems the only way to find things loaded by members is to view their profile. 

Edited by Avacado
Administrators

Hmmm, 

Well nothing has changed, the platform has not even been updated so I cannot blame the new behaviour based on that. Strange, so far as I know this has been the way it has always been for me so I really could not say. I think there should be better management configurations for the gallery as they are a little limited in the back end. If the gallery becomes a larger demand then I may seek an off the shelf replacement one day :) 

Thanks,

E