Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

MSI to raise graphics card prices

Administrators

Micro-Star International (MSI) will raise its graphics card prices to reflect tight supply that may persist through the end of 2021, according to company chairman Joseph Hsu.

Hsu, at an investors conference on March 23, pointed out that end demand for motherboards, graphics cards and gaming notebooks are likely to stay robust for the rest of 2021 and each product line's shipments in 2021, after registering on-year increase between 30-50% in 2020, are expected to see double-digit growths again.

Source 

Asus I believe also announced the same recently.

3 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Source 

Asus I believe also announced the same recently.

Will they at least be giving free vaseline with your purchase to help ease that increase? Or will we just have to hold our ankles and grunt as the bill is deposited?🙄

News Editor
22 minutes ago, schuck6566 said:

Will they at least be giving free vaseline with your purchase to help ease that increase? Or will we just have to hold our ankles and grunt as the bill is deposited?🙄

MSI.thumb.png.25c09b968ceeac855426fedbbdd31123.png

Wait so are they increasing again? Both MSI and ASUS sort of led the pack when they increased prices in January following the tariffs kicking in. Yikes, truly a bad year for graphics card. I'd expect to see the rest of the AIB's following suit then.

I feel bad paying $650 for a 3070, but seeing where prices are even now, guess I got off lucky.

Edited by Sir Beregond
Administrators
1 hour ago, schuck6566 said:

Nope, they give vaseline filled with shards of glass im afraid. I sold a bloody GTX1070 for £350 yesterday...nuts. luckily it all goes to the CFP.

EHW Folding@Home
1 hour ago, Avacado said:

MSI.thumb.png.25c09b968ceeac855426fedbbdd31123.png

I heard they do send... sour cream and onion chips, with some dip, man. Some beef jerkey, some peanut butter. Get some Hagen-Dagz ice-cream bars. A whole lotta of chocolate. Gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, pink popcorn. GRAHAM CRACKERS!!! Graham crackers with the marshmallows. Little marshmallows with little chocolate bars and we'll make some s'mores man. Celery, grape jelly, Captain Crunch with the little crunch berries, pizzas, we need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, water, a whole lotta water and.......Funyuns.

33 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Nope, they give vaseline filled with shards of glass im afraid. I sold a bloody GTX1070 for £350 yesterday...nuts. luckily it all goes to the CFP.

That's more than what I paid for mine 7 years ago.

Edited by BWG
EHW Folding@Home
3 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

If my GTX 980 Strix wasn't getting relegated to backup card status (always keep one!) I wonder if it would sell well in this market.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gtx+980&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=45601&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

1 hour ago, UltraMega said:

As crappy as this is, I can't really blame them. I'd rather the manufacturers get the additional profits than scalpers. 

Oh I don't blame them either. From a business standpoint and supply/demand it makes sense.

Scalper though will just increase as well accordingly. That doesn't really get fixed at all unless supply also gets better where you can actually buy it from the manufacturers or other retail at MSRP.

Seems like a natural economic reaction to all the pandemic-induced inflation.  Unfortunately, wages and salaries are the last to react to such changes and often take far too long.

Premium Gold

...and at least if your reside in Europe, that Suez canal blockage by that giant Evergreen container ship may soon add to 'shortage' prices...hope not though as things are bad enough already re. pricing and availability 😞

Administrators
22 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

...and at least if your reside in Europe, that Suez canal blockage by that giant Evergreen container ship may soon add to 'shortage' prices...hope not though as things are bad enough already re. pricing and availability 😞

When it rains it pours !