Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like this:    That will use the passkey just for that single slot you selected, and the other slots will fold under the passkey that's under the identity tab.

Here's a list of all the options that can be set in the config.  There are client options as well as individual slot options.  F@H doesn't support manual edits of the config, but as long as you k

Nah, you just put your main passkey into the client like you normally do, and then the passkey flag like Bastiaan showed you makes that single GPU use the unique passkey. Done. Very easy. Let me know

Posted Images

Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think the Radeon VII is going to be a very good card in this comp (probably should get it back on money making duty :)).  There aren't really any recent entries on LARS, and if there were, the multiplier for this card would probably be something more like 4.4. The actual average ppd is probably down something like 20-25%, compared to what it was a few months ago.

I'll be testing out some other GPUs over the next few weeks, but maybe a GTX 980 or an R9 290 makes more sense.  @Avacado no matter what I do you will be folding on an NVIDIA GPU correct, and @axipher do you think you'll stick with the 5700? 

Edited by tictoc
EHW Folding@Home
10 minutes ago, tictoc said:

I don't think the Radeon VII is going to be a very good card in this comp (probably should get it back on money making duty :)).  There aren't really any recent entries on LARS, and if there were, the multiplier for this card would probably be something more like 4.4. The actual average ppd is probably down something like 20-25%, compared to what it was a few months ago.

I'll be testing out some other GPUs over the next few weeks, but maybe a GTX 980 or an R9 290 makes more sense.  @Avacado no matter what I do you will be folding on an NVIDIA GPU correct, and @axipher do you think you'll stick with the 5700? 

Yeah, 5700 is in the wife's gaming PC, so it's my best chance for being competitive.

EHW News Editor
2 hours ago, tictoc said:

Yes, going to have to be Nvidia, I don't own any AMD GPU's. 

EHW News Editor
Posted (edited)

I could go wildcard with a GT710 and kill it! I mean it is on Lars, the windows average is 22k PPD. Thats a 274x Multi 😜

Edited by Avacado
EHW Folding@Home
12 hours ago, Avacado said:

I could go wildcard with a GT710 and kill it! I mean it is on Lars, the windows average is 22k PPD. Thats a 274x Multi 😜

Volt mod and even a 5% overclock would net some killer gains

Members

GPU projects have started for the BOINC Pentathlon, so my output is going to drop to zero for the next 7 days.  After that I'll start testing a few different GPUs to see what card is the best. 👍