Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Recommended Posts

I think I'll go with this name as a tribute to SiB on OCN of course, but I'm open to suggestions.

 

Placeholder OP of course.

 

Hardware I have available to fold on includes:

2x GTX 2080 Ti

2x GTX 1070 Ti

GTX 980

GTX 960

2x R9 Fury

 

The 2080 Tis are in my two main rigs, so they may pause to game on from time to time. As a result I'd rather not use those, but I'm open to running anything else for ETF.

Edited by BWG
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I'll go with this name as a tribute to SiB on OCN of course, but I'm open to suggestions.   Placeholder OP of course.   Hardware I have available to fold on includes:

Gotcha. If you think you've got strong OC's on both, I'd suggest taking the AMD slot since the wildcard slot would be easier to fill.

Mine's still holding, and these are ultra kaze 3k rpm lol

Posted Images

EHW Folding@Home

We might have to flip things around a little. He wants to CPU fold. No biggie right now. I'll get it sorted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Bronze

Well whatever I need to fold on, let me know so I can terminate the other client lol. Right now both the CPU and GPU on that little tester rig are folding away overclocked juiced to the gills. 45 minutes left on my current GPU WU and 5 hours left on the CPU but I might be asleep by then.

 

It's a Ryzen 1600 but an AF model that overclocks to 4.2GHz with low voltage, and a Radeon HD 7850 @1200MHz. This rig can dedicated fold 24/7. My others cannot due to works, schools, games, ect.

Edited by damric
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, damric said:

Well whatever I need to fold on, let me know so I can terminate the other client lol. Right now both the CPU and GPU on that little tester rig are folding away overclocked juiced to the gills. 45 minutes left on my current GPU WU and 5 hours left on the CPU but I might be asleep by then.

 

It's a Ryzen 1600 but an AF model that overclocks to 4.2GHz with low voltage, and a Radeon HD 7850 @1200MHz. This rig can dedicated fold 24/7. My others cannot due to works, schools, games, ect.

 

Gotcha. If you think you've got strong OC's on both, I'd suggest taking the AMD slot since the wildcard slot would be easier to fill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Folding@Home

You're good buddy. Demo/Testing, so not a biggie to be down a few ;) 

 

I'll keep saying that to other teams even when not testing though lol. What was wrong with the fan(s)?

Edited by BWG
Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Bronze
12 minutes ago, BWG said:

You're good buddy. Demo/Testing, so not a biggie to be down a few ;) 

 

I'll keep saying that to other teams even when not testing though lol. What was wrong with the fan(s)?

They were some old Cooler Master JetFlos that I glued back together last month but a few days ago they started acting up again. Luckily I had some spare EVGA FX fans which I found this morning because those JetFlos were getting on my last nerve. I really thought they were going to pop themselves off the radiator and fly around the room like a helicopter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Folding@Home

You guys should be 2 folders strong soon, but zonalo's going to need a little bit of time to get to his rig. He will be unable to for a very good reason, and since it's more or less a demo/test, I didn't really want to give his spot to someone else. However, if damric is going to fold the hd7850, then wildcard is available, and if you want to, I can have you fill 2 spots if you want to @Supercrumpet while we await zonalo's return. Just need another GPU and an isolated passkey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, BWG said:

You guys should be 2 folders strong soon, but zonalo's going to need a little bit of time to get to his rig. He will be unable to for a very good reason, and since it's more or less a demo/test, I didn't really want to give his spot to someone else. However, if damric is going to fold the hd7850, then wildcard is available, and if you want to, I can have you fill 2 spots if you want to @Supercrumpet while we await zonalo's return. Just need another GPU and an isolated passkey.

 

Sounds good, I'll try to get back to you soon on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BWG changed the title to Out of Beta
On 4/23/2021 at 1:35 PM, Avacado said:

@Supercrumpet You might want to talk to @BWG about his closet Out of Beta addiction, I heard he secretly wants to join you guys.  Not sure how the pink's will take that kind of news. 

 

Hey, I won't make any arguments there. :classic_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Bronze
Posted (edited)

I set it to fold last night and ofc this morning it was frozen. I backed my OC down a hair and set it again.

 

Still 42% on this WU. ETA 6 hours so we'll see what points it yields.

Edited by damric
Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Folding@Home
2 hours ago, damric said:

I set it to fold last night and ofc this morning it was frozen. I backed my OC down a hair and set it again.

 

Still 42% on this WU. ETA 6 hours so we'll see what points it yields.

 

Cool man, that first unit's gonna be a huge one lol. Your multiplier's insane!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Bronze
3 hours ago, BWG said:

 

Cool man, that first unit's gonna be a huge one lol. Your multiplier's insane!

That card is toast. It keeps freezing. It also looks like it might have lost the WU.

 

R.I.P. MSI TFIII HD 7850. You gave me epic overclocks of 1225/1500 and earned me many HWBOT cups over the last decade. I used you and abused you, but know that I loved you.

 

I'm going to put that OEM Oland card, the RX 350 in there. I'll link you to the card specs and the equivalent listing on the stats site since it's a rebrand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy