Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Deleted Storage Partition - Recovery


Recommended Posts

EHW Folding@Home

So, I was re-installing Windows on Wednesday, and I accidentally deleted my storage partition which had all of my important stuff on it. I have pulled files before off drives, but this time I was trying to actually restore the partition since I had no writes to it after the format. I'm trying to use DiskGetor right now, and I think it may work, but I'm curious what others have done who have ran into this situation, or one similar to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW News Editor
9 minutes ago, BWG said:

So, I was re-installing Windows on Wednesday, and I accidentally deleted my storage partition which had all of my important stuff on it. I have pulled files before off drives, but this time I was trying to actually restore the partition since I had no writes to it after the format. I'm trying to use DiskGetor right now, and I think it may work, but I'm curious what others have done who have ran into this situation, or one similar to it.

Yeesh! GL in the recovery. I wish I could help, but I have never accidentally deleted a partition before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Folding@Home
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Yeesh! GL in the recovery. I wish I could help, but I have never accidentally deleted a partition before. 

 

You're just here to crack old person jokes internally? lol

Edited by BWG
Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW News Editor
Just now, BWG said:

 

You're just here to crack old person jokes internally? lol

Ha! no seriously, I have never deleted a partition by accident. Not in the last 25 years at least. I might have done it on my 386 back in the day to a 10MB HDD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW News Editor
13 minutes ago, BWG said:

Avacado - 1 BWG - 0

Wait, I am actually loosing here. I'm -1 and you are -0 which isn't a real number, but is just 0.  Damnit. Touché. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Folding@Home
Posted (edited)

I could not just restore the partition, but I am pulling all of the files. Problem is, the last item is my 4k movie collection which is roughly 4TB and my RAID is 3 TB, so I'm pulling every drive I own into the mix to hopefully get it all back.

 

Edited by BWG
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy