Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
IGNORED

ETF Lounge


Recommended Posts

Premium Platinum
883 456

We as a company are not really affected by Covid, we are busy as ever and short of hands (and though we've been working every day, not a single one of us got sick). So I'm pretty sure he would not see that as a valid reason to leave for a few weeks though I still have about 40 days vacation credit.

 

But I like the idea :classic_biggrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avacado said:

Where were you 2 months ago??? ?

I didn't have any hardware I could commit to being up for a full month.  I have some quadro cards available now.  As long as they qualify... They are running in Linux, but the Lars database only has stats for Windows.  @BWG would these cards qualify?  p620 and p400 in Linux

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW News Editor
1.2k 647
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, firedfly said:

I didn't have any hardware I could commit to being up for a full month.  I have some quadro cards available now.  As long as they qualify... They are running in Linux, but the Lars database only has stats for Windows.  @BWG would these cards qualify?  p620 and p400 in Linux

They absolutely count. Would use the "All OS" averages, even though they mirror windows stats. Though I would be REALLY curious to see if your linux stats populated on the database. Have you folded any units with them yet?

 

Worst case scenario, compile a few WU's, wait for the database to see it and then base stats on your STOCK freqs for linux. 

Edited by Avacado
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Avacado said:

They absolutely count. Would use the "All OS" averages, even though they mirror windows stats. Though I would be REALLY curious to see if your linux stats populated on the database. Have you folded any units with them yet?

 

Worst case scenario, compile a few WU's, wait for the database to see it and then base stats on your STOCK freqs for linux. 

 

From my understanding, you have to run the Folding in the Dark Chrome extension to upload stats to lars.  As far as I can tell, this will only work on the local computer--not remote computers.  The linux system with the quadro cards is headless with command line only, so I wouldn't be able to run the Chrome extension.

 

I guess, if I need to force some stats for Linux into lars so I can use one of these cards, I might be able to do some dns shenanigans to map https://client.foldingathome.org/ to the linux box.  Though, that sounds like too much effort ;) 

 

If you know any different, let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW News Editor
1.2k 647
8 minutes ago, firedfly said:

 

From my understanding, you have to run the Folding in the Dark Chrome extension to upload stats to lars.  As far as I can tell, this will only work on the local computer--not remote computers.  The linux system with the quadro cards is headless with command line only, so I wouldn't be able to run the Chrome extension.

 

I guess, if I need to force some stats for Linux into lars so I can use one of these cards, I might be able to do some dns shenanigans to map https://client.foldingathome.org/ to the linux box.  Though, that sounds like too much effort ;) 

 

If you know any different, let me know.

Nope thats about right. Dang, sorry. Still, I would be ok with you running them with all OS point calibration. Guess we will have to ask the boss @zodac, not that other guy. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

inb4 zodac says he is not the boss. Although, he's a way better boss than I have ever been. ;)

 

  

1 hour ago, firedfly said:

I didn't have any hardware I could commit to being up for a full month.  I have some quadro cards available now.  As long as they qualify... They are running in Linux, but the Lars database only has stats for Windows.  @BWG would these cards qualify?  p620 and p400 in Linux

 

It's one of those situations where I'd be taking it to the team captains to decide on whether we would just use LARS all os, windows, test fold stock and track, or if even 1 captain opposes it, disallow. 

 

@tictoc @Supercrumpet what do you guys think about allowing it? I'm not opposed, and I would want 7 solid days of stock folding to derive the average myself.

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premium Platinum
883 456
6 hours ago, BWG said:

inb4 zodac says he is not the boss. Although, he's a way better boss than I have ever been. ;)

 

  

 

It's one of those situations where I'd be taking it to the team captains to decide on whether we would just use LARS all os, windows, test fold stock and track, or if even 1 captain opposes it, disallow. 

 

@tictoc @Supercrumpet what do you guys think about allowing it? I'm not opposed, and I would want 7 solid days of stock folding to derive the average myself.

Though I'm not a captain, I think this is pretty fair. I'm sure running 7 days at stock clocks and no beta flag is a better baseline than the LARS database. 

 

1 hour ago, damric said:

 

I like the way that system looks/works, reminds me of all the crazy stuff I used to do for a few suicide runs :classic_laugh:

 

 

The 2080ti system runs pretty good, maxed out at 22.5°C over ambient which was 30°C today. Still holding 2055mhz and over 5.7mil ppd on the 13448 units, can't complain about that. That unit runs a little low on power consumption though, so with a unit that manages to pull 330w it'll run a bit warmer (though I will cap the power at that point).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I would be fine with using the All OS average, and then doing a week long test, just to make sure that everything is in line.

 

The only real issue is that if there aren't any recent results then the average on LARS is probably going to include a bunch of pre-CUDA tasks. On average the old OpenCL NVIDIA tasks were at least 25-30% less PPD, compared to the current CUDA tasks. I'm not 100% sure on the above, since I have no idea how long the LARS database has been up and running.

Edited by tictoc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premium Bronze
359 184
2 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

 

I like the way that system looks/works, reminds me of all the crazy stuff I used to do for a few suicide runs :classic_laugh:

 

I'd really like to change out that B450 board with a Threadripper board if I can ever find one around $200. I should have bought that one I saw on ebay a couple weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy