Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
IGNORED

ETF Lounge


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, damric said:

Up and folding now. My GTX 750 seems to be doing well in etf, so right now my test bench is just crunching the regular stuff, no overclocks.

 

 

Yes it is, your killing my K5000 right now. Good thing i'm sending @axipher a 750Ti care package this weekend. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, damric said:

Are we going to do prizes again? If we have no sponsors maybe we can build a pot of our own?

 

@ENTERPRISEwhat do you think of his idea of us doing our own prizing?

 

@damricyou should sign onto discord.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BWG said:

 

@ENTERPRISEwhat do you think of his idea of us doing our own prizing?

 

@damricyou should sign onto discord.

 

A pot can be sorted. However at this point in time I won't be able to commit prizing funds until finances have settled a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ENTERPRISE said:

 

A pot can be sorted. However at this point in time I won't be able to commit prizing funds until finances have settled a little.

You wouldn't have to worry about that. We are all aware of your situation.

 

On that note, here's a couple of my ideas:

 

$10 entry fee, or maybe better yet we make it a $50 team fee. Winning team gets a cut and the trophy, and each category winner gets a cut, and the forum gets a cut. Could easily do that every month. Is that even legal? I mean they are doing that with Magic cards every Saturday on a much larger scale at the gaming place down the street. 

 

Also thinking people might want to donate used stuff or unused extra stuff.

Edited by damric
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, damric said:

You wouldn't have to worry about that. We are all aware of your situation.

 

On that note, here's a couple of my ideas:

 

$10 entry fee, or maybe better yet we make it a $50 team fee. Winning team gets a cut and the trophy, and each category winner gets a cut, and the forum gets a cut. Could easily do that every month. Is that even legal? I mean they are doing that with Magic cards every Saturday on a much larger scale at the gaming place down the street. 

 

Also thinking people might want to donate used stuff or unused extra stuff.

I don't think moving to cash prizes monthly is something that is sustainable. I certainly wouldn't want to continually donate to the teams that win consistently. I still believe doing it for the love of it and occasional sponsored prizes when E can secure them is the best approach. The idea for me at least is to encourage participation, requiring an entry or team fee would drive people away. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A team fee would be a barrier to entry and I would like to avoid that style of creating prizing. When possible I will start an official EHW prize pot for these types of competitions. This may also include EHW merchandise.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Avacado said:

I don't think moving to cash prizes monthly is something that is sustainable. I certainly wouldn't want to continually donate to the teams that win consistently. I still believe doing it for the love of it and occasional sponsored prizes when E can secure them is the best approach. The idea for me at least is to encourage participation, requiring an entry or team fee would drive people away. 

 

Agreed.  Perhaps the reigning team can have some indication on their forum posts for the month? Similar to the "EHW Content Creator" badge that BWG has:

image.png.3f96b03c67a2ad2d75ab4c7b5800b551.png

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, firedfly said:

 

Agreed.  Perhaps the reigning team can have some indication on their forum posts for the month? Similar to the "EHW Content Creator" badge that BWG has:

image.png.3f96b03c67a2ad2d75ab4c7b5800b551.png

 

An award system is on the cards for events/competitions. However for a monthly competition applying and re-applying an award every 30 days to all winning team members may become too much manual admin.

 

I would need to think on this one. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avacado said:

@BWG& @damric You bastards are forcing me to get creative. I will make you both suffer. The pain will be here in October.

 

1199537253_ETFKiller.png.ba00c427c1f770e109e2daa8d4e3cd29.png

I haven't kept up with the scores this month other than checking in myself. What's going on? I know you have an awesome Kepler Quadro or something. Does it overclock like mad? 

 

I'm testing out a GTX 465 that just arrived. The card works great but for some reason it always says disabled when I try to fold. I am going to try some ancient drivers and hopefully that will make it work with Windows 10.

 

I fed my HD 7850 to LARS at stock clocks for a week and it finally brought the PPD down below the 7870 yesterday in the database. 

 

I'm not sure which card I'll use next month. My GTX 750 gets descent points but is very frustrating because it can only complete a work unit every 2-3 days. Michele also wants me to give her one of the good tweaker cards too since her GT 730 is very underwhelming even with a huge overclock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, damric said:

I haven't kept up with the scores this month other than checking in myself. What's going on? I know you have an awesome Kepler Quadro or something. Does it overclock like mad? 

 

I'm testing out a GTX 465 that just arrived. The card works great but for some reason it always says disabled when I try to fold. I am going to try some ancient drivers and hopefully that will make it work with Windows 10.

 

I fed my HD 7850 to LARS at stock clocks for a week and it finally brought the PPD down below the 7870 yesterday in the database. 

 

I'm not sure which card I'll use next month. My GTX 750 gets descent points but is very frustrating because it can only complete a work unit every 2-3 days. Michele also wants me to give her one of the good tweaker cards too since her GT 730 is very underwhelming even with a huge overclock.

Your stats are down right now for some reason, but that can't be true, you have been getting like 25 million PPD on that 750. Do you have more than 1 card running the ETF passkey?

Edited by Avacado
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Avacado said:

Your stats are down right now for some reason, but that can't be true, you have been getting like 25 million PPD on that 750. Do you have more than 1 card running the ETF passkey?

I don't, but I'll double check. Every time I restart [email protected] it tries to fold on my Vega 64 but I nuke it within a few seconds as it's become a routine. I think the 20 million point day was when I must have completed 2 work units in a 24 hour period. Usually it can barely get 1 in 1 day, and sometimes it takes 2 days to get one WU. It's very inconsistent, which is frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, damric said:

I don't, but I'll double check. Every time I restart [email protected] it tries to fold on my Vega 64 but I nuke it within a few seconds as it's become a routine. I think the 20 million point day was when I must have completed 2 work units in a 24 hour period. Usually it can barely get 1 in 1 day, and sometimes it takes 2 days to get one WU. It's very inconsistent, which is frustrating.

In addition to the GPU index you can also set the OpenCl/CUDA index in the client. Provided Windows doesn't do random things with the PCIe slots every boot, you should be able to set the client to only recognize the slot that has your ETF card.

 

*Edit* I can post a quick how-to when I get home and I'm not on my phone.

Edited by tictoc
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, tictoc said:

In addition to the GPU index you can also set the OpenCl/CUDA index in the client. Provided Windows doesn't do random things with the PCIe slots every boot, you should be able to set the client to only recognize the slot that has your ETF card.

 

*Edit* I can post a quick how-to when I get home and I'm not on my phone.

We just had a pretty extreme pop-up thunderstorm with lots of lightning and it made the power go out for a few seconds. This took all of my rigs down so I 'm taking this time to re-organize all of my cards. I pulled my GTX 750 out of my main rig and I'm putting it on one of the test benches by itself, so I won't have to worry about that slot keep getting activated again every time I start the program. The bench I'm putting it on is Michele's, so I'm pulling off that god-aweful GT 730 and giving her the GTX 750. I'm going to go back to a radeon, something more efficient. I'll alert BWG but it looks like Michele and I will not be folding for a couple days until I get this sorted out. This happened at a bad time because some other family emergency just popped up as well, and of course I already have everything half-disassembled. The good news is that once these machines are back up they should be very lean and mean.

 

@BWG 

@Supercrumpet

@firedfly

 

damric -> radeon gfx902 (vega8 Ryzen 3200G)

MicheleEHW -> GTX 750

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, damric said:

We just had a pretty extreme pop-up thunderstorm with lots of lightning and it made the power go out for a few seconds. This took all of my rigs down so I 'm taking this time to re-organize all of my cards. I pulled my GTX 750 out of my main rig and I'm putting it on one of the test benches by itself, so I won't have to worry about that slot keep getting activated again every time I start the program. The bench I'm putting it on is Michele's, so I'm pulling off that god-aweful GT 730 and giving her the GTX 750. I'm going to go back to a radeon, something more efficient. I'll alert BWG but it looks like Michele and I will not be folding for a couple days until I get this sorted out. This happened at a bad time because some other family emergency just popped up as well, and of course I already have everything half-disassembled. The good news is that once these machines are back up they should be very lean and mean.

 

@BWG 

@Supercrumpet

@firedfly

 

damric -> radeon gfx902 (vega8 Ryzen 3200G)

MicheleEHW -> GTX 750

Did you know you can go into the slot and use pause-on-start true to keep them stopped when you open the client?

Edited by Avacado
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avacado said:

Did you know you can go into the slot and use pause-on-start true to keep them stopped when you open the client?

No. I had no idea. I just got into the habit of nuking the unwanted slot immediately if it started up. On one of my test benches it always tries to activate the CPU slot even when I remove that slot and save. 

 

On another note, that GTX 465 is a wash. Apparently [email protected] no longer works with Fermi cards due to open cl requirements. I thought they used CUDA, but the forum staff over there told me that's why it is disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, damric said:

No. I had no idea. I just got into the habit of nuking the unwanted slot immediately if it started up. On one of my test benches it always tries to activate the CPU slot even when I remove that slot and save. 

 

On another note, that GTX 465 is a wash. Apparently [email protected] no longer works with Fermi cards due to open cl requirements. I thought they used CUDA, but the forum staff over there told me that's why it is disabled.

 

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, damric said:

No. I had no idea. I just got into the habit of nuking the unwanted slot immediately if it started up. On one of my test benches it always tries to activate the CPU slot even when I remove that slot and save. 

 

On another note, that GTX 465 is a wash. Apparently [email protected] no longer works with Fermi cards due to open cl requirements. I thought they used CUDA, but the forum staff over there told me that's why it is disabled.

Makes sense, need Cuda 3.0 or newer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Makes sense, need Cuda 3.0 or newer.

Yeah I guess the last time I folded on Fermi was a decade ago with a GTX 460. I only wasted $25 on that card so I'm going to give it away if I can repair the cooler. The fans are very weak and the card runs extremely hot. If I can't repair it for next to nothing then it's going to Ethan's random bin of experiments which is the last stop before recycling 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy