Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

EVGA 3080ti Auto-Notify Queue

BWG

Premium Platinum
158 134
7 minutes ago, Avacado said:

kids these days. no imagination. waaaaaaaaay back when, we would just pretend to own something if we couldn't afford it. then they started importing all that cheap junk from japan...

1 hour ago, iamjanco said:

kids these days. no imagination. waaaaaaaaay back when, we would just pretend to own something if we couldn't afford it. then they started importing all that cheap junk from japan...

My imaginary GPU gets more fps than your imaginary GPU!

Premium Platinum
158 134
Posted (edited)
On 03/06/2021 at 15:25, BWG said:

My imaginary GPU gets more fps than your imaginary GPU!

On 03/06/2021 at 16:29, BWG said:

And just like that, my 3080ti will arrive Friday!

Congrats!!! But pray tell, how many CTRL+F5's did it take?

Btw, we'll see about that fps stuff (mine is bigger than yours) 😎

__________________________________________________________________ ◄ (insert favorite brainyquote there).

Edited by iamjanco

Posted (edited)

Ummm, did anyone know this? https://www.pcgamer.com/best-buy-has-figured-out-the-best-way-for-you-to-beat-the-bots-to-an-rtx-3080-ti-fe/

They make you show up early,get in line,hand out slips of paper and when the store opens the slip is good for the chance to purchase 1 card.When the slips are gone,stock is gone.No bots beating people to the cards.1 slip per person in line. ?

far as I know,they'll be doing it with the 3070ti fe also.

Edit: Just as a kicker, they're selling defective 2080ti's on ebay for between $799.00 to $990.00 .Will the madness ever end?

Edited by schuck6566

2 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

Ummm, did anyone know this? https://www.pcgamer.com/best-buy-has-figured-out-the-best-way-for-you-to-beat-the-bots-to-an-rtx-3080-ti-fe/

They make you show up early,get in line,hand out slips of paper and when the store opens the slip is good for the chance to purchase 1 card.When the slips are gone,stock is gone.No bots beating people to the cards.1 slip per person in line. ?

far as I know,they'll be doing it with the 3070ti fe also.

Certainly a fair way to do it.

3 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

You miss out and/or did the signup process breakdown again?

shows online only, coming soon where you click to add to cart. think it's either waiting for a certain time, or broken. (was supposed to be midnight,but midnight WHERE? lol)

Screenshot_446.jpg

Edited by schuck6566
added screen shot

Premium Platinum
158 134

Did you follow their so-called "Elite" signup process which is supposed to allow you to queue up to get a card?  If not, that's the why. You gotta be there as soon as they start the signups (to the second), and be able to get past all the fubar that's been happening every signup with them.

Their servers have broken down repeatedly with each instance of the sku's they've run the process for. The combination of miners, bots, and gamers/others just wanting a card pressing ctrl+f5 repeatedly all at the same time has been causing the breakdowns.

Summed up:

Maybe EVGA should start looking at who is actually maintaining their server (they're hosted by Akamai Technologies, inc.) and/or their website. Whatever the problem is, the user experience associated with their website during these signups is obviously not consumer friendly. It’s mediocre at best, and I suspect most people feel it sux.

Edited by iamjanco

Premium Platinum
158 134
1 minute ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

I've been in the 3070ti queue window 5 times already, but every time it hangs after that and gives an error..

Been trying for an hour now :classic_laugh:

You guys in Europe have it even rougher.

Premium Platinum
765 344

Well, 2 minutes later it worked. Let's hope there is enough stock.. :classic_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

You guys in Europe have it even rougher.

I had a bit of luck with the other cards, but it's not easy to buy something. Fingers crossed...

Edited by Bastiaan_NL

lol, I must have missed the first batch(they started at 8 am my time) but they are supposed to be staggering the release which I guess is why they say coming soon(more in stock). If I get 1,all good,if not,no biggie.Already running a 2070 so not that great a diff for what games I play. I can wait another year or so. :)  Link with info on the 3070 ti founders edition release ---> https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-stock-where-to-buy/

...not to rub it in, but when it came to be time to upgrade my home-office work-play machines recently, I went the old-fashioned way: On foot and shopped OFFLINE

Neither card was ever listed in their online inventory (and the GPUs were priced at / below MSRP, no tariff).

GPU1and2.thumb.jpg.e63b1f7d3cb2a7cb60136259abe254df.jpg