Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Missing Threads/Posts


Recommended Posts

Premium Platinum
158 134

I think there might be a lot of them (forum seems a lot more sparse). Couldn't find the ban thread, nor my build thread. 

 

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

 

Added: Alright, I found my build thread. Most of the images posted in it are now only referenced by links and broken image icons. I imagine that's likely to have affected many others as well.

Edited by iamjanco
Link to comment
Administrators
3.7k 632
20 hours ago, iamjanco said:

I think there might be a lot of them (forum seems a lot more sparse). Couldn't find the ban thread, nor my build thread. 

 

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

 

Added: Alright, I found my build thread. Most of the images posted in it are now only referenced by links and broken image icons. I imagine that's likely to have affected many others as well.

 

Our database from what we know was un-affected and we should still have 100% of the threads and posts. Unfortunately for the broken images there is not much we can do at this point. Though oddly, I have found that if you go to Edit a thread that is showing lost images, and submit the edit and then go back and edit, the attachments can re-appear in the attachments area and you can re-insert them.

Link to comment
Premium Platinum
158 134
1 hour ago, ENTERPRISE said:

 

Our database from what we know was un-affected and we should still have 100% of the threads and posts. Unfortunately for the broken images there is not much we can do at this point. Though oddly, I have found that if you go to Edit a thread that is showing lost images, and submit the edit and then go back and edit, the attachments can re-appear in the attachments area and you can re-insert them.

 

Yeah, that seems to work in a lot of cases. What's probably happening where it does is the thumbnail image url references in the post are being rebuilt with what they should actually bel hence, the ability to reinsert them once you go in for the second edit. 

 

Won't work for emojis though, nor embedded quoted images by other posters in a thread.

Link to comment
Administrators
3.7k 632
12 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

 

Yeah, that seems to work in a lot of cases. What's probably happening where it does is the thumbnail image url references in the post are being rebuilt with what they should actually bel hence, the ability to reinsert them once you go in for the second edit. 

 

Won't work for emojis though, nor embedded quoted images by other posters in a thread.

Yeah exactly that. I will put a shout out to the members to try this "trick" for some of the images.

 

Just have to remember to do it.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Yeah exactly that. I will put a shout out to the members to try this "trick" for some of the images.

 

Just have to remember to do it.

 

This worked for the images in my T-ripper server build log.  Only about half the links were broken, but the edit->save->edit->re-insert fixed all the images, without having to re-upload anything.

Link to comment
Administrators
3.7k 632
3 hours ago, tictoc said:

 

This worked for the images in my T-ripper server build log.  Only about half the links were broken, but the edit->save->edit->re-insert fixed all the images, without having to re-upload anything.

Thanks for confirming. I might see if I can do some form of image re-build our end to avoid users manually doing it 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy