Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Port Royal Benchmark Results


NBrock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great - I was actually thinking about adding a PortRoal thread...love PortRoyal 🥰

 

...I'll start with 2x 2080 Ti at 21060 and 1x 2080 Ti at 10278  ...it's been a while since I ran the 2080 Tis in PR, including for 3Dm HoF. Time to revisit that updated system (now Raven_B) soon ! GPUs for below are stock-bios and w-cooled; system was/is Threadripper 2950X

 

PortRoyalSinglesiz10728_dual21060_Hof.thumb.jpg.57d72c43e38c6957894bd93c23c6b0f9.jpg

  

 

... 6900 XT is next with 11701...this run is fairly fresh (a week ago or so?). 6900XTs are beasts in TimeSpy et al, but PortRoyal / RayTracing not so much...still, good enough for most games w/ RayTracing. Card is water-cooled, processor is 3950X (stock)

 

PortRoyal11701_compresultsUUU.thumb.jpg.24418367276208d01272fbeb04944c23.jpg

 

 

...3090 Strix / 5950X is getting an update, but look forward to add that soon.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Premium Silver
176 261
HWBOT.ORG

The GeForce RTX 3090 @ 2250/11302MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark - Port Royal benchmark. Mr. Foxranks #31 worldwide and #28 in the hardware class. Find out more at HWBOT.

 | 

WWW.3DMARK.COM

Intel Core i9-10900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 x 1, 16384 MB, 64-bit Windows 10}

 

spacer.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW Content Creator
11 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:
HWBOT.ORG

The GeForce RTX 3090 @ 2250/11302MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark - Port Royal benchmark. Mr. Foxranks #31 worldwide and #28 in the hardware class. Find out more at HWBOT.

 | 

WWW.3DMARK.COM

Intel Core i9-10900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 x 1, 16384 MB, 64-bit Windows 10}

 

spacer.png

Thats pretty good, you could break 16000 if you pushed your mem a bit further. Looks like it has a bit of headroom.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premium Silver
176 261
57 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Thats pretty good, you could break 16000 if you pushed your mem a bit further. Looks like it has a bit of headroom.

Almost there. Need to shut the system down and let the chiller run to get the water a few more degrees colder so the core clocks will hold better.

HWBOT.ORG

The GeForce RTX 3090 @ 2250/11402MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark - Port Royal benchmark. Mr. Foxranks #31 worldwide and #28 in the hardware class. Find out more at HWBOT.

 

WWW.3DMARK.COM

Intel Core i9-10900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 x 1, 16384 MB, 64-bit Windows 10}

 spacer.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Needs better cooling and a decent CPU overclock to be higher up the rankings... 

Still nice to finally have the 2 cards linked 🙂

 

https://hwbot.org/submission/4923057_

 

2146827081_PortRoyal22233C140M550P107V100.thumb.jpg.b9f5448d165c8d87ec8b5e32c8311349.jpg

 

 

Noice ! 2x 3090s make the lights flicker ?

 

Ran the 3090 Strix w/ KPE 520 bios and a nice 15 C ambient. Just MSI AB sliders, no MSI AB curve or nv -smi (that comes later)

 

PortRoyal15531_Superpos4k20023.thumb.jpg.2e6deef3ddca80d45409090b96ab3a9e.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

Noice ! 2x 3090s make the lights flicker ?

 

Ran the 3090 Strix w/ KPE 520 bios and a nice 15 C ambient. Just MSI AB sliders, no MSI AB curve or nv -smi (that comes later)

 

PortRoyal15531_Superpos4k20023.thumb.jpg.2e6deef3ddca80d45409090b96ab3a9e.jpg

Enough power in that wall socket (16A 230V), but it produces a nice flow of warm air 😁

Biggest issue is the 1 slot space in-between the cards. AC unit is on the way for some "air cooled" benchmarks. Sadly they are both still rev 0.1, pulling 160W combined from the pcie slots..

So I'm afraid to use anything other than the stock bios, I don't want to start a fire with the x299 board 🙈

  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW Content Creator
1 hour ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Enough power in that wall socket (16A 230V), but it produces a nice flow of warm air 😁

Biggest issue is the 1 slot space in-between the cards. AC unit is on the way for some "air cooled" benchmarks. Sadly they are both still rev 0.1, pulling 160W combined from the pcie slots..

So I'm afraid to use anything other than the stock bios, I don't want to start a fire with the x299 board 🙈

At some point, everyone on this forum NEEDS to transition to a fire avatar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the system is all air cooling,simple OC on cpu,same with gpu when I use it. (they're software based from the aorus and evga software lines) first gen rtx 2070(non super).Edit: Things like this are why I hate Nvidia at times, twice the shaders,same amount of ram,but an actual list price cheaper than I paid for my 2070... "EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING" 🙄

Screenshot_598.jpg

Screenshot_599.jpg

Screenshot_600.jpg

Edited by schuck6566
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Enough power in that wall socket (16A 230V), but it produces a nice flow of warm air 😁

Biggest issue is the 1 slot space in-between the cards. AC unit is on the way for some "air cooled" benchmarks. Sadly they are both still rev 0.1, pulling 160W combined from the pcie slots..

So I'm afraid to use anything other than the stock bios, I don't want to start a fire with the x299 board 🙈

 

re. the EVGA Rev0.1, didn't EVGA offer an exchange if one requested it ? 

 

re. AC, our AC unit came in handy last summer during the multiple 'heat domes', with 40 C+ / especially useful at night when trying o sleep. That said, they usually don't go below 16C - 18C in their max cooling setting. But I have an old phase cooler that still works but really can only handle 4c/8t directly...I'm thinking about having it cool a basin of water that also has a big rad in it connecting it via QDs to the loop. The phase cooler goes to -50 C, but with enough water circulating, I should be able to calibrate this 'chiller' 

  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2022 at 19:48, J7SC_Orion said:

 

re. the EVGA Rev0.1, didn't EVGA offer an exchange if one requested it ? 

 

re. AC, our AC unit came in handy last summer during the multiple 'heat domes', with 40 C+ / especially useful at night when trying o sleep. That said, they usually don't go below 16C - 18C in their max cooling setting. But I have an old phase cooler that still works but really can only handle 4c/8t directly...I'm thinking about having it cool a basin of water that also has a big rad in it connecting it via QDs to the loop. The phase cooler goes to -50 C, but with enough water circulating, I should be able to calibrate this 'chiller' 

I might have forgotten to specifically request it 🙄
Second RMA is approved, and specifically requested a rev 1.0.

I know the AC stops cooling at around 16°C, though that's a lot better than the usual temps here. I did a few runs on the 2080Ti system, managed to get the card to idle at around 16°C with the AC blowing directly at the radiator.
Phase coolers are awesome, but I'll stay away from that for now 😉

 

Thanks to @Avacado I managed to bump up my score by a lot. Still not where I want to be, and lots of stuff we need to investigate.
Pretty clear that the Core clock matters a lot here (sometimes only loading the GPU's for 60%).
 

image.thumb.png.a62307fd4afc62375ea17f94f9d2089d.png

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

I might have forgotten to specifically request it 🙄
Second RMA is approved, and specifically requested a rev 1.0.

I know the AC stops cooling at around 16°C, though that's a lot better than the usual temps here. I did a few runs on the 2080Ti system, managed to get the card to idle at around 16°C with the AC blowing directly at the radiator.
Phase coolers are awesome, but I'll stay away from that for now 😉

 

Thanks to @Avacado I managed to bump up my score by a lot. Still not where I want to be, and lots of stuff we need to investigate.
Pretty clear that the Core clock matters a lot here (sometimes only loading the GPU's for 60%).
 

image.thumb.png.a62307fd4afc62375ea17f94f9d2089d.png

 

 

 

 

That's a nice improvement over your previous run with the 2x 3090s ! ...AC unit can't hurt, either for your next run.

 

I came across an old HWBot box in storage with 2x CPU pots and 1x GPU pot, along w/ a 30 L LN2 Dewar next to it...fortunately, I'm too busy at work, coz that could be quite a fun time-killer 🥳

  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW Content Creator
13 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

That's a nice improvement over your previous run with the 2x 3090s ! ...AC unit can't hurt, either for your next run.

 

I came across an old HWBot box in storage with 2x CPU pots and 1x GPU pot, along w/ a 30 L LN2 Dewar next to it...fortunately, I'm too busy at work, coz that could be quite a fun time-killer 🥳

You could always make a donation to the EHW HWBot team. I'd pay for shipping :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

That's a nice improvement over your previous run with the 2x 3090s ! ...AC unit can't hurt, either for your next run.

 

I came across an old HWBot box in storage with 2x CPU pots and 1x GPU pot, along w/ a 30 L LN2 Dewar next to it...fortunately, I'm too busy at work, coz that could be quite a fun time-killer 🥳

Why do we always need to work... Would have been so much fun messing around together with those pots! I bet I could learn a thing or 2 (read: a few million) from you 🙂

 

14 minutes ago, Avacado said:

You could always make a donation to the EHW HWBot team. I'd pay for shipping 🙂

Ha, I almost clicked Tip me instead of multi quote 😂

But with a pot you could move away from your rival... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Why do we always need to work... Would have been so much fun messing around together with those pots! I bet I could learn a thing or 2 (read: a few million) from you 🙂

 

Ha, I almost clicked Tip me instead of multi quote 😂

But with a pot you could move away from your rival... 

 

...one day when I'm less busy, I might get back to some sub-zeroing. BTW, 30 L Dewar has an interesting history, saw it on Craigslist back in the day, came from a fertility clinic...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

...one day when I'm less busy, I might get back to some sub-zeroing. BTW, 30 L Dewar has an interesting history, saw it on Craigslist back in the day, came from a fertility clinic...

And it smells a bit funny? 😂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

And it smells a bit funny? 😂

 

 

No, it had been professionally cleaned...but it was kind of funny as we picked the Dewars up (a friend and fellow-OCer also bought one). It was during regular business hours for the clinic w/ plenty of couples sitting in the waiting room adjacent to the elevator foyer, with the males clutching the little glass tubes containing their, ahem, contributions...as we walked out towards the elevator foyer past those folks, we had our arms around our big 30 L Dewar 'test-tubes'...size matters 🤣

  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

No, it had been professionally cleaned...but it was kind of funny as we picked the Dewars up (a friend and fellow-OCer also bought one). It was during regular business hours for the clinic w/ plenty of couples sitting in the waiting room adjacent to the elevator foyer, with the males clutching the little glass tubes containing their, ahem, contributions...as we walked out towards the elevator foyer past those folks, we had our arms around our big 30 L Dewar 'test-tubes'...size matters 🤣

Gold 😂
I think it was Steve from GN telling a similar story about the origin of his dewar. 

Edited by Bastiaan_NL
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Gold 😂
I think it was Steve from GN telling a similar story about the origin of his dewar. 

 

30 L Dewar worked fine, plus they sold them for the equivalent of 8 Euros each...

 

My 'upgrade path' might involve Mr. Artisan's ice-cream not even a block from here...at least in normal (non-Covid) times, they always have a lineup for their LN2 cooled ice-cream, and 4x 200 L > Dewars behind the counter 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2022 at 01:08, J7SC_Orion said:

Noice ! 2x 3090s make the lights flicker ?

When I really started pushing my 3090 KPE with the 1kW XOC vBIOS using 1.350-1.400V NVDD and MSVDD @ LLC L15, I had to replace the circuit breaker with 20A for my home office because it kept flipping the 15A breaker. My Kill-A-Watt meter will often show more than 1100W being pulled from the wall in Time Spy Test 2 and up to 1200W in 3DMark 11 Test 1 when I am able to keep the chilled water cold enough to keep the core clocks from dropping. 

 

Even benching something like Catzilla pulls over 750W.

 

 

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mr. Fox That's a nice result! 750W is a bit too hot for my cooling solutions though.. 😄

 

 

On 07/02/2022 at 19:48, J7SC_Orion said:

That said, they usually don't go below 16C - 18C in their max cooling setting.

After a little modification I'm able to cool down a 3070Ti to 10°C idle and 45°C load on air. Temperature sensor is in the exhaust airflow now, so it just doesn't shut off.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy