Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

It's HERE!


Avacado
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd get one if it had ARGB, but the default "blue glow" is a deal breaker for me.  If it can't do "rainbow puke" out of the box, how can you future proof your system?

TDM

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Just in case anyone beside D'Jango doesn't see this as Satire. This is a joke guys.

 

Yes, but a joke that includes a great concept. Why can't video cards become modular like a MB with the GPU able to be swapped? Look how much it has helped AMD on the CPU side. It's not that it can't be done, I see it as a reluctance on the part of mfg. With cards flying off the shelf for nothing but ePeen ( if you tell me you can see the difference between 120 and 140 fps, I am going say "suuuuuuuuuuure you can"), why cut into the bottom line?

 

The fact that he had Intel as the one doing was a clever jab.

Edited by ciarlatano
  • Respect 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The beginning of the video was realistic enough to suck me in, but once he took the cooler off, well...

 

The GPU socket though, my M2000 has something that looks like a damn AMD CPU socket. I didn't try to remove it, but clearly it's modular design.

 

 

 

 

m2000-4.jpg

 

I appreciate the amount of work that they put into that video, and it did make me laugh.

Edited by damric

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 Taichi
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix (Micron E)
GPU: 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX III 850W
CASE: HAF XB
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A80 1TB
SSD/NVME 2: Silicon Power A80 1TB
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X470 Pro Carbon
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
PSU: SUPERNOVA P5 650W
SSD/NVME: Samsung PM981 256GB
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK B450 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Sniper X 2x8GB
GPU: MSI HD 7850 TFIII 2GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G3 650W
SSD/NVME: Samsung PM981 256GB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 please 

1337.69

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Western Digital Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 w/ iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
Full Rig Info

420.42

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.45v
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850 1TB 4.0 NVMe
SSD/NVME 2: HP EX950 2TB 3.0 NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
HDD 2: 3x Seagate Iron Wolf Pro NAS 4TB
SSD/NVME 3: 2x PNY CS900 120GB (Cache)
Full Rig Info

9001.69

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock X300
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200 SODIMM @ 3566 16-17-18-36 1T 1.35v
GPU: Vega 7 @ 2300mhz
SSD/NVME: Sandisk Ultra II 480GB
CPU COOLER: Noctua L9a
NETWORK: StarTech 5 GbE NIC
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Education
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iamjanco said:

 

...I actually thought it was pretty funny myself; and now I know what to get you for xmas this year: 

 

 bungholio-king.thumb.jpg.f98bcc9a83be069845ae23460e9be46e.jpg

So, the 3090 is off the table then? My size is extra shmedium. Please include a roll of 2-ply Charmin with the sweater to heighten the effect. 

Edited by Avacado
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the vid was pretty funny, especially the length of the cables he pulls out of the rear "port" towards the end.  I had assumed it would not be necessary to make this declaration, but given Avacado's uncertainty regarding his audience, let me state openly that my original post is this thread was about as tongue in cheek as I could get 🤣.  I've actually laughed more thinking about him sitting at his keyboard wondering "what's wrong with these people?", than I did at the actual video itself 😜

  • Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

TDM

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know, the thing about it being modular is a good point.  Why CAN'T GPU manufacturers make GPU's modular?  Want more VRAM?  Buy more GDDR5 VRAM or GDDR6 or whatever we're up to now, slap it on there with a socket.  Want more GPU horsepower, toss an upgraded GPU in the socket.  Easy peasy just like a CPU / system RAM.  Would be nice if GPU manufacturers would do that.  Lots of things would be nice..... -_-

Video was good.  I think I've seen it before, but a classic nontheless. 🙂

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
GPU: MSI RX 6900XT Triple X
PSU: Cooler Master XG Plus 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
SSD/NVME: Generic Gen3 NVME 256GB
RAM: Mushkin Redline Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x512MB Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 @ 133MHz
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800XT
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pioneerisloud said:

You know, the thing about it being modular is a good point.  Why CAN'T GPU manufacturers make GPU's modular?  Want more VRAM?  Buy more GDDR5 VRAM or GDDR6 or whatever we're up to now, slap it on there with a socket.  Want more GPU horsepower, toss an upgraded GPU in the socket.  Easy peasy just like a CPU / system RAM.  Would be nice if GPU manufacturers would do that.  Lots of things would be nice..... -_-

Video was good.  I think I've seen it before, but a classic nontheless. 🙂

For the same reason as cures. There is no money in a cure, only the medicine. Why make something modular when consumers are forced to spend gobs of money every iteration?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

I thought the vid was pretty funny, especially the length of the cables he pulls out of the rear "port" towards the end.  I had assumed it would not be necessary to make this declaration, but given Avacado's uncertainty regarding his audience, let me state openly that my original post is this thread was about as tongue in cheek as I could get 🤣.  I've actually laughed more thinking about him sitting at his keyboard wondering "what's wrong with these people?", than I did at the actual video itself 😜

Yea yea yea. Love to too Stanton. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgot about this satire channel. I remember seeing the 4090 video. 😂 That said, I agree the idea of a socketable GPU chip is interesting. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Showcase

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe
SSD/NVME: Crucial M550 512GB
HDD: 2x WD Black 3TB
PSU: Corsair AX750
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Avacado said:

For the same reason as cures. There is no money in a cure, only the medicine. Why make something modular when consumers are forced to spend gobs of money every iteration?

 

It's not that they are forced to, it is that they do it regardless of whether it makes sense. If users were reasonable about the experience rather than meaningless benchmarks, things would change.

  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ciarlatano said:

 

It's not that they are forced to, it is that they do it regardless of whether it makes sense. If users were reasonable about the experience rather than meaningless benchmarks, things would change.

lol, I'm doing MY share, a list of my graphics upgrades. GTX 750ti, a HD5770 that came pre-installed in a prebuilt dell was replaced with a GTX 970, and now an RTX 2070. I also have a GTX 950 that I put in the wifes comp to replace the 750ti she was using. Most everything else was purchased off ebay for used builds. (e.g. hd3450)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing I would like is... to be able to buy a GPU without a cooler.  I'm putting a waterblock on it anyway..so why do I have to pay for a cooler that I'm going to remove, and put in the room with the rest of my old parts and never find it again.

Edited by Diffident
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Diffident said:

The only thing I would like is... to be able to buy a GPU without a cooler.  I'm putting a waterblock on it anyway..so why do I have to pay for a cooler that I'm going to remove, and put in the room with the rest of my old parts and never find it again.

That would be a nice idea,but I think there might be issues with warranties because of them saying it was cooling related? since it's non-factory cooling? (I've never water cooled anything except a 775 system with an aio so never had a warranty issue)🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

That would be a nice idea,but I think there might be issues with warranties because of them saying it was cooling related? since it's non-factory cooling? (I've never water cooled anything except a 775 system with an aio so never had a warranty issue)🤔

CPU's sold without coolers doesn't seem to be an issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy