Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Amd Fx 6100 Max voltage on air?


bonami2
 Share

Recommended Posts

EHW Social Media Manager
589 221

Just wondering what would be max for benchmarking on a nh d15.

 

Got a m5a99 evo gonna cool the vrm on the back and front and just try to see what it can do with a 6800xt 😆😅🤣

 

Doest matter if it die! 😁

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: Msi Z690 A
CPU: Intel 12700K P5.1 E4.1 U4.1 1.3V
RAM: OLOY + GSKILL 4x16 3600 Cl 14-14-14 Gear 2
PSU: Corsair RM1000X
GPU: Sapphire 6800XT
MONITOR: LG CX48 OLED
MONITOR 2: Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus (VR) OLED
CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5900HX
RAM: 2x16gb 32gb 3200mhz cl22 Timetec Dual Rank
GPU: RX 6800M 12GB
MONITOR: 1080P 300hz
SSD/NVME: WD SN850 2TB + SN770 1TB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have my 8350 at 1.59v daily. If that helps any. :lachen:

  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.3GHz, 1867MHz IF
AUDIO: Fosi Audio 300w Desktop Subwoofer Amp
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B450M Pro 4
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) GSkill DDR4-3600 @ 3733, 16-19-19-39
GPU: Ref Powercolor RX 5700XT @ 2050 / 1800
SSD/NVME: 1TB Mushkin Enhanced Pilot-E NVME
SSD/NVME 2: 3x 2TB Crucial BX500 RAID0
PSU: Silverstone 850w Gold
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Phenom 9850
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A79 Deluxe
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2-800
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire Dual X HD6970 2GB
SSD/NVME: Crucial BX500 240GB
HDD: 2x Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM RAID0
CPU COOLER: T.R.U.E. 120
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
GPU: MSI RX 6900XT Triple X
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX Gold 1000w
CPU COOLER: EKWB EK-AIO Basic 240mm
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power 512GB Gen3 NVME
HDD: 2x WD Black 2.5" 500GB RAID0
RAM: Mushkin Redline Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW Social Media Manager
589 221
3 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I have my 8350 at 1.59v daily. If that helps any. :lachen:

1.59 on a d15 well at what temp do they catch fire 🤣

 

Currently running my 6800xt on win 10 and the fx6100 gonna push that thing sundays. Then swap to the 12700k 🤣 Most of my game lagg bad with even a 8350 at 4.4 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: Msi Z690 A
CPU: Intel 12700K P5.1 E4.1 U4.1 1.3V
RAM: OLOY + GSKILL 4x16 3600 Cl 14-14-14 Gear 2
PSU: Corsair RM1000X
GPU: Sapphire 6800XT
MONITOR: LG CX48 OLED
MONITOR 2: Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus (VR) OLED
CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5900HX
RAM: 2x16gb 32gb 3200mhz cl22 Timetec Dual Rank
GPU: RX 6800M 12GB
MONITOR: 1080P 300hz
SSD/NVME: WD SN850 2TB + SN770 1TB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

1.59 on a d15 well at what temp do they catch fire 🤣

 

Currently running my 6800xt on win 10 and the fx6100 gonna push that thing sundays. Then swap to the 12700k 🤣 Most of my game lagg bad with even a 8350 at 4.4 

 

 

Well, according to AMD the maximum temperature of the FX 6100 is 70*C.  Since you don't care too terribly much about it, I say rock it up to that 70*C mark.  Most of the overclocking forums say 60*C or less if you can do it, which is true.  I think my FX 8350 is hitting like 63*C during p95 at 4.8GHz, 1.59v or so.  I'm using a 240mm Coolermaster AIO kit on it.  You'll hit a temperature wall long before you hit a voltage wall with the FX series.  You can send upwards of like 1.7-1.8v through theses CPU's and they'll live........if you keep them cool enough.  Maximum voltage per AMD is 1.55v.

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.3GHz, 1867MHz IF
AUDIO: Fosi Audio 300w Desktop Subwoofer Amp
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B450M Pro 4
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) GSkill DDR4-3600 @ 3733, 16-19-19-39
GPU: Ref Powercolor RX 5700XT @ 2050 / 1800
SSD/NVME: 1TB Mushkin Enhanced Pilot-E NVME
SSD/NVME 2: 3x 2TB Crucial BX500 RAID0
PSU: Silverstone 850w Gold
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Phenom 9850
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A79 Deluxe
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2-800
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire Dual X HD6970 2GB
SSD/NVME: Crucial BX500 240GB
HDD: 2x Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM RAID0
CPU COOLER: T.R.U.E. 120
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
GPU: MSI RX 6900XT Triple X
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX Gold 1000w
CPU COOLER: EKWB EK-AIO Basic 240mm
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power 512GB Gen3 NVME
HDD: 2x WD Black 2.5" 500GB RAID0
RAM: Mushkin Redline Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW Social Media Manager
589 221
31 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

Well, according to AMD the maximum temperature of the FX 6100 is 70*C.  Since you don't care too terribly much about it, I say rock it up to that 70*C mark.  Most of the overclocking forums say 60*C or less if you can do it, which is true.  I think my FX 8350 is hitting like 63*C during p95 at 4.8GHz, 1.59v or so.  I'm using a 240mm Coolermaster AIO kit on it.  You'll hit a temperature wall long before you hit a voltage wall with the FX series.  You can send upwards of like 1.7-1.8v through theses CPU's and they'll live........if you keep them cool enough.  Maximum voltage per AMD is 1.55v.

 

 

Will report back how it got. It only boosting to 3.5ghz currently on the stock cooler so if i reach 5.0 it almost 50% overclock 😁

 

Think am gonna order some old fx 4000 and athlon sempron for some fun.

20220212_021807.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: Msi Z690 A
CPU: Intel 12700K P5.1 E4.1 U4.1 1.3V
RAM: OLOY + GSKILL 4x16 3600 Cl 14-14-14 Gear 2
PSU: Corsair RM1000X
GPU: Sapphire 6800XT
MONITOR: LG CX48 OLED
MONITOR 2: Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus (VR) OLED
CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5900HX
RAM: 2x16gb 32gb 3200mhz cl22 Timetec Dual Rank
GPU: RX 6800M 12GB
MONITOR: 1080P 300hz
SSD/NVME: WD SN850 2TB + SN770 1TB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

 

 

Will report back how it got. It only boosting to 3.5ghz currently on the stock cooler so if i reach 5.0 it almost 50% overclock 😁

 

Think am gonna order some old fx 4000 and athlon sempron for some fun.

20220212_021807.jpg

I have zero problems gaming on my FX 8350 rig at 1080p, so it still makes me happy to fire it up every once in a while. 🙂

If you want some number chasing, K8 and K10 is almost more fun than FX is.  K8 is DDR2 only though, but K10 would be fun.  Finding a 960T that unlocks to an x6 and does 4.0GHz+.  The chase to 4GHz was just as fun as the 5GHz chase lol.

If you're after 5GHz, shoot for a x300 series FX.  4300, 6300, 8300.  The 3 in the series shows that its Piledriver over first gen Bulldozer.  Piledriver was more likely to do 5 than Bulldozer was.

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.3GHz, 1867MHz IF
AUDIO: Fosi Audio 300w Desktop Subwoofer Amp
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B450M Pro 4
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) GSkill DDR4-3600 @ 3733, 16-19-19-39
GPU: Ref Powercolor RX 5700XT @ 2050 / 1800
SSD/NVME: 1TB Mushkin Enhanced Pilot-E NVME
SSD/NVME 2: 3x 2TB Crucial BX500 RAID0
PSU: Silverstone 850w Gold
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Phenom 9850
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A79 Deluxe
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2-800
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire Dual X HD6970 2GB
SSD/NVME: Crucial BX500 240GB
HDD: 2x Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM RAID0
CPU COOLER: T.R.U.E. 120
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
GPU: MSI RX 6900XT Triple X
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX Gold 1000w
CPU COOLER: EKWB EK-AIO Basic 240mm
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power 512GB Gen3 NVME
HDD: 2x WD Black 2.5" 500GB RAID0
RAM: Mushkin Redline Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EHW Social Media Manager
589 221
35 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

I have zero problems gaming on my FX 8350 rig at 1080p, so it still makes me happy to fire it up every once in a while. 🙂

If you want some number chasing, K8 and K10 is almost more fun than FX is.  K8 is DDR2 only though, but K10 would be fun.  Finding a 960T that unlocks to an x6 and does 4.0GHz+.  The chase to 4GHz was just as fun as the 5GHz chase lol.

If you're after 5GHz, shoot for a x300 series FX.  4300, 6300, 8300.  The 3 in the series shows that its Piledriver over first gen Bulldozer.  Piledriver was more likely to do 5 than Bulldozer was.

My game having issue is Beam NG that the only game in the world that the core count and singlethread really matter haha

Got 20fps in 4k high or ultra with the 6800xt but over 60 with my i5 8300h and my old xeon e5 2697 v2

 

And arma 3 and Wow are ways smoother too. Arma 3 only use 1 thread.

 

Will get Piledriver for sure my first ever build was a M5a99Fx Pro r2.0 with a fx 6300 then upgraded to a 4790k that could do 4.9 at 1.4v. Miss my 4790k.

 

8300 are like 60 buck on Aliexpress 😄

 

Never overclocked those old ddr2 cpu could be fun.  Did unlock a sempron to dual core and one athlon to triple core for fun on a am3+ Gigabyte motherboard 😄

  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: Msi Z690 A
CPU: Intel 12700K P5.1 E4.1 U4.1 1.3V
RAM: OLOY + GSKILL 4x16 3600 Cl 14-14-14 Gear 2
PSU: Corsair RM1000X
GPU: Sapphire 6800XT
MONITOR: LG CX48 OLED
MONITOR 2: Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus (VR) OLED
CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5900HX
RAM: 2x16gb 32gb 3200mhz cl22 Timetec Dual Rank
GPU: RX 6800M 12GB
MONITOR: 1080P 300hz
SSD/NVME: WD SN850 2TB + SN770 1TB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

My game having issue is Beam NG that the only game in the world that the core count and singlethread really matter haha

Got 20fps in 4k high or ultra with the 6800xt but over 60 with my i5 8300h and my old xeon e5 2697 v2

 

And arma 3 and Wow are ways smoother too. Arma 3 only use 1 thread.

 

Will get Piledriver for sure my first ever build was a M5a99Fx Pro r2.0 with a fx 6300 then upgraded to a 4790k that could do 4.9 at 1.4v. Miss my 4790k.

 

8300 are like 60 buck on Aliexpress 😄

 

Never overclocked those old ddr2 cpu could be fun.  Did unlock a sempron to dual core and one athlon to triple core for fun on a am3+ Gigabyte motherboard 😄

Dude, BeamNG is my favorite game!!! LOL

 

I didn't seem to have any problems with my FX rig playing it at 1080p.  I didn't spawn a whole bunch of stuff either though.  At 4k, yeah it would be strained.  My Ryzen 3600 struggles at 5120x1440.

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.3GHz, 1867MHz IF
AUDIO: Fosi Audio 300w Desktop Subwoofer Amp
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B450M Pro 4
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) GSkill DDR4-3600 @ 3733, 16-19-19-39
GPU: Ref Powercolor RX 5700XT @ 2050 / 1800
SSD/NVME: 1TB Mushkin Enhanced Pilot-E NVME
SSD/NVME 2: 3x 2TB Crucial BX500 RAID0
PSU: Silverstone 850w Gold
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Phenom 9850
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A79 Deluxe
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2-800
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire Dual X HD6970 2GB
SSD/NVME: Crucial BX500 240GB
HDD: 2x Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM RAID0
CPU COOLER: T.R.U.E. 120
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
GPU: MSI RX 6900XT Triple X
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX Gold 1000w
CPU COOLER: EKWB EK-AIO Basic 240mm
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power 512GB Gen3 NVME
HDD: 2x WD Black 2.5" 500GB RAID0
RAM: Mushkin Redline Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bonami2 said:

 

 

Will report back how it got. It only boosting to 3.5ghz currently on the stock cooler so if i reach 5.0 it almost 50% overclock 😁

 

Think am gonna order some old fx 4000 and athlon sempron for some fun.

20220212_021807.jpg

Typically FX doesn't like temps under load past 63-65c, they tend to go nuts once you really start getting them hot.
With the chip you have (FX-6100) on what appears to be stock cooling, eh..... 1.45-1.50v's max and that's being generous. You'll need better cooling to go further but you know that already.
I'd try it at first with about 1.40v's, see how far it can go and just tweak it up from there. Normally FX responds well to voltage bumps anyway and that's why I say it in that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy