Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

EHW Hosted Email

Would you want/use an EHW email address?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want/use an EHW email address?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/22 at 14:15

Administrators
4.6k 1,235

Hello all, 

Currently as part of the premium perks, a user can get an @extremehw.co.uk email address. Right now, we have come to a crossroads. We are using a sub optimal provider and have considered migrating away to someone better so far as reliability and features. However, as with anything, this will come at an extended cost (We pay for email hosting for users now anyway), so this begs the questions, how many of you would even use or want an EHW email address as part of the perks ? 

Please vote in the poll if you would use/find useful an EHW email. 

This will likely determine if we proceed with keeping this, or terminate the feature altogether. Right now I can say that the uptake in people requesting their EHW email address is super low. 

Thanks all,

E

I'm still using a 25+ year old hotmail email address that I setup using 28.8k dial up on Netzero years and years ago.  Could I use an email address that's not spammed every 5 seconds?  Sure.  Will I?  Probably not.......  I think I still have a different forum's email address too, and I haven't even opened that one in probably 10 years.

Administrators
4.6k 1,235
2 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I'm still using a 25+ year old hotmail email address that I setup using 28.8k dial up on Netzero years and years ago.  Could I use an email address that's not spammed every 5 seconds?  Sure.  Will I?  Probably not.......  I think I still have a different forum's email address too, and I haven't even opened that one in probably 10 years.

Don't forget to vote in the poll 😛

Thanks to all for your feedback thus far.

• Thanks 1

EHW Content Creator
212 196
3 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

i think it would be nice to have not just to not be spammed, but so we can look kind of "official" in a sense if we ever plan events or anything with hardware/software sponsors.

but thats more from a staff perspective i guess...

Edited by PCSarge
  • Thanks 1

Premium Platinum
335 462

20 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Hello all, 

Currently as part of the premium perks, a user can get an @extremehw.co.uk email address. Right now, we have come to a crossroads. We are using a sub optimal provider and have considered migrating away to someone better so far as reliability and features. However, as with anything, this will come at an extended cost (We pay for email hosting for users now anyway), so this begs the questions, how many of you would even use or want an EHW email address as part of the perks ? 

Please vote in the poll if you would use/find useful an EHW email. 

This will likely determine if we proceed with keeping this, or terminate the feature altogether. Right now I can say that the uptake in people requesting their EHW email address is super low. 

Thanks all,

E

While I did recently request an EHW email address to possibly support article contributions I make, I decided one wasn't really necessary, especially because of the issues E touched on. 

I can and will work without one.

Administrators
4.6k 1,235

Hello all, 

I think even with the short amount of time the poll has been open, along with the metrics of how many people are actually signed up to the email and use it, I have decided to discontinue this service. 

With that being know, please know that this service will terminate MARCH 31ST. For those who do use the service or have contents you would like to retrieve from your @extremehw.co.uk inboxes, please do this prior to the aforementioned date as access to the service will not be possible after this date and all mail content will be destroyed. 

You can access the mail with your credentials using the mail portal: https://cloudcone.email/SOGo/

Regards,

E

• Thanks 2