Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

How would you upgrade your office with $400

I have a one time allowance of $400 USD from work.  I can spend it on anything that makes my office work better.  Could be water dispenser, monitor, chair, plants whatever.  I have 8 days to spend it.  My default is a monitor if I can't come up with anything else, but I don't really need that haha.  

EHW News Editor
342 129
56 minutes ago, bwalker36 said:

I have a one time allowance of $400 USD from work.  I can spend it on anything that makes my office work better.  Could be water dispenser, monitor, chair, plants whatever.  I have 8 days to spend it.  My default is a monitor if I can't come up with anything else, but I don't really need that haha.  

An A/C if you dont have one.

A better keyboard / mouse / mouse pad

Headphone if you need one for work a good Sennheiser you won't regret it!

Chair if you have back issue. A monitor can be great if you get a  good 4k display 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

An A/C if you dont have one.

A better keyboard / mouse / mouse pad

Headphone if you need one for work a good Sennheiser you won't regret it!

Chair if you have back issue. A monitor can be great if you get a  good 4k display 

A/C is on my short list, I want to get one of the portable ones if I get one.  Headphone isn't a bad idea, I have DT880s already but there is no such thing as too many headphones.  

• Respect 1

EHW News Editor
342 129
Just now, bwalker36 said:

A/C is on my short list, I want to get one of the portable ones if I get one.  Headphone isn't a bad idea, I have DT880s already but there is no such thing as too many headphones.  

Headphone is life. You are probably on Head-fi forum too haha.

Am in canada so am used to cold winter so A/C at full blast 16 celsius for my pc room and bedroom 😀

EHW Content Creator
1.7k 1,219
1 hour ago, bwalker36 said:

Tell them you need a 3060Ti.

• Respect 2

1 minute ago, UltraMega said:

Would probably help if we knew more about what you already have and what you might need or want. What do you do in this office? 

That's a fair point.  I work and game.  Work is really just normal computer use.  There is nothing computer related when it comes to the usual suspects that I can think of that need an upgrade.  I have good pair of headphones, I am missing a good chair but with my standing desk I don't really ever sit anymore.  

My current leaders are:

New coffee scale and kettle or a Portable AC.

EHW News Editor
342 129
5 minutes ago, bwalker36 said:

I'm a pour over guy.  So I would get a new electric kettle and scale if I went the coffee stuff.  I'm leaning heavily towards a portable AC unit to put in my office.  A good one is like $4-500 So it would would not be a big out of pocket expense.  

It probably a yearly amount?

This years a/c then next a display 😁

6 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

It probably a yearly amount?

This years a/c then next a display 😁

I wish, its a one time thing and we just got acquired so I have to spend it in the next 2 weeks.  Although the new company has an unlimited vacation policy as long as you can make it work so they are paying out our accumulated vacation at the end of the month. 

EHW News Editor
342 129
7 minutes ago, bwalker36 said:

I wish, its a one time thing and we just got acquired so I have to spend it in the next 2 weeks.  Although the new company has an unlimited vacation policy as long as you can make it work so they are paying out our accumulated vacation at the end of the month. 

Seem like a/c it is haha.

Unlimited vacation that the first time i heard of this it sound so cool!

Premium Platinum
704 377
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bwalker36 said:

I'm sure they have done the analysis and people end up taking less overall, and when people leave they don't have to pay it out hah

This is exactly right. They don't have to pay it out as earned pto when you leave and overall you end up with less staffing to accommodate pto and often more work hours per week.

At least that's what I've noticed around here from companies that offer it. It's usually a red flag to me when job hunting.

Edited by Sir Beregond