Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

All the sexy aluminum.

PCSarge

EHW Content Creator
Posted (edited)

thank you to rich @Spotswood for putting up with my emails back and forth for a week on design changes, they came out great. the ITX tray is perfect, ill be mounting the server to the EEB tray tommorow and will post more pictures!

if anyone is curious on the hardware side:

Gammaxx 300 CPU cooler

Asus P8Z77-I deluxe

i7 2600

16GB mushkin blackline DDR3

Seagate Firecuda Compute Laptop HDD

Corsair SF750

DSC00365.thumb.JPG.468d7db6e99c3512fbe03dc5eb001402.JPGDSC00369.thumb.JPG.0955871466fb9c2d9819739046d09048.JPGDSC00367.thumb.JPG.42ceda0bf30d016a37d2ae712d8c5bde.JPG

Edited by PCSarge
  • Thanks 4
  • Respect 2

EHW Content Creator
46 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

Any particular reason for the 70/30 isopropyl as opposed to 91%?  Just curious if the 70/30 does some tasks better.

He can't source better than 70% where he is in Canadia. I offered to ship him some, but he's Canadian and apologized while saying no.  

• Thanks 3

EHW Content Creator
1 hour ago, Avacado said:

He can't source better than 70% where he is in Canadia. I offered to ship him some, but he's Canadian and apologized while saying no.  

@Avacadoactually, the only thing i was worried about was the bottles getting destroyed in shipping

• Thanks 1

EHW Content Creator
2 hours ago, ArchStanton said:

Any particular reason for the 70/30 isopropyl as opposed to 91%?  Just curious if the 70/30 does some tasks better.

the 70/30 is actually for cleaning the bed on my 3D printer. cant use higher % or it ruins the build surface im using.

• Thanks 1

EHW Content Creator
On 12/05/2022 at 19:37, damric said:

That looks really good. Would you say it's pretty sturdy?

Well I am due for yet another atx bench. I may have to check out @Spotswood this time instead of the hassle of building my own like I normally do.

fully reccomend it, he will spend the time to do custom stuff if requested, and ask if you like final drawings. it was sturdy without anything mounted, now that stuff is mounted i can pick it up from anywhere and it doesnt move at all.

• Thanks 2

I love the @Spotswood stuff and aluminium frames in general.
I'm following him on Instagram too, besides seeing some nice frames and cases it also gives me inspiration for my own (somewhat oversized) bench table.

Spoiler

20220515_141251.thumb.jpg.aeaeaa0cc8224909a0e8b6448ecf2752.jpg

Edited by Bastiaan_NL
  • Respect 1

23 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

I love the @Spotswood stuff and aluminium frames in general.
I'm following him on Instagram too, besides seeing some nice frames and cases it also gives me inspiration for my own (somewhat oversized) bench table.

Reveal hidden contents

20220515_141251.thumb.jpg.aeaeaa0cc8224909a0e8b6448ecf2752.jpg

those wheels are way too small dude lol

On 11/05/2022 at 10:23, Avacado said:

As a Canadian, I would like to point out that 99% Isopropanol is available even in the Canadian boonies, at the pharmacy, right next to the reindeer skins... 

EHW Content Creator
16 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

As a Canadian, I would like to point out that 99% Isopropanol is available even in the Canadian boonies, at the pharmacy, right next to the reindeer skins... 

image.gif.38182fa469b118c04d840973623a5b69.gif

Meanwhile in Murica.

image.gif.1097de1de4d8b7576d0bf27eefc453a2.gif

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

that my friend depends on your location in the country i think....if the pharmacy is selling reindeer skins, then im chris rock.