Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Lawsuit Claiming Steam Gives Valve Too Much Power Is Moving Forward After All

bonami2

EHW News Editor
342 129
Posted (edited)

A U.S. district judge has decided that an antitrust lawsuit against Valve over how it operates and uses the Steam platform can move forward. The company suing Valve, Wolfire Games, alleges that the Half-Life and Portal developer uses its digital storefront and its huge amount of control over the PC gaming market to “exploit publishers and consumers.”

KOTAKU.COM

A U.S. District court has ruled that Wolfire Games’ lawsuit against Valve has merit

Let see how it go could make price even lower for us!

Edited by bonami2

EHW News Editor
1.2k 483

Well, Valve absolutely has a majorly dominating presence in the PC game market. Not the first time I've heard that they have over reaching rules designed to keep games from selling on other platforms too much. If there is any truth to that at all, which I strongly suspect there is, Valve should definitely face consequences. 

• Thanks 1

EHW Content Creator
212 196

what makes me laugh at this, if you look up wolffire. first off half of the games theyve put out ive rarely or never heard the names of mentioned. secondly they own humble bundle, its a spinoff company from them run under another name.

i smell anger that they cant make a decent game.

image_2022-05-13_145300427.thumb.png.8a0da39f401886b92a4a7249f4d06964.png

something tells me the studio owner is just pissed off he hasnt made billions yet.

• Respect 1