Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW creating an account. 

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

240W 12V rail. What could go wrong

damric

Go to solution Solved by Avacado,

Premium Bronze
540 314
39 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

Thst power man brand seem like a time bomb. I would not touch a thermaltake psu with a 10 ft pole. But this i need a radiactive suit 😄

Pretty sure it's a rebranded FSP. It survived all of the benchmarks and wasn't even warm. Nothing crashed despite huge overclock so ripple couldn't have been too bad...

EHW News Editor
503 190
4 hours ago, damric said:

Pretty sure it's a rebranded FSP. It survived all of the benchmarks and wasn't even warm. Nothing crashed despite huge overclock so ripple couldn't have been too bad...

I think the motherboard as a part of handling ripple. Not sure about that. But ive seen pc run on 10$ power supply without issue under load.

EHW News Editor
503 190

If you look at that old list FSP as one model in the worst tier rank. 

LINUSTECHTIPS.COM

Credit to @Starelementpokeand @Energycore for helping out with this long-awaited refresh of the old PSU tier list by Aniallation (who...

Can't trust any manufacturer without a dissasembly.

I'll be patiently awaiting for damric's future post of "I caught my spare parts on fire today"......  :lachen:

Dude, I wouldn't use a Power Man PSU in era appropriate parts that don't care as much about PSU quality.  That's literally a Pentium 2 era PSU.  On a Ryzen rig, mannnnn, you're just killing those mosfets and VRM's on that motherboard.  Poor thing. 😞 

• Respect 1

Premium Bronze
540 314
8 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I'll be patiently awaiting for damric's future post of "I caught my spare parts on fire today"......  :lachen:

Dude, I wouldn't use a Power Man PSU in era appropriate parts that don't care as much about PSU quality.  That's literally a Pentium 2 era PSU.  On a Ryzen rig, mannnnn, you're just killing those mosfets and VRM's on that motherboard.  Poor thing. 😞 

Challenge accepted.

Actually I used this power man for ETF for almost a year folding 24/7 for PCIE powered cards.

I was curious if it could run the Ryzen 2700x folding during this month's foldathon.

Mosfets are cool on the board, but it is open air.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, damric said:

Challenge accepted.

Actually I used this power man for ETF for almost a year folding 24/7 for PCIE powered cards.

I was curious if it could run the Ryzen 2700x folding during this month's foldathon.

Mosfets are cool on the board, but it is open air.

:eek:

EHW News Editor
503 190

This Is Fine GIF

Am not really better i put some heatsink with dollar store instant glue on my m5a99fx evo if it last for my overclocking goal of 6ghz it good. But it they fall i may end up with a fire 😆   :wheee:

• Thanks 2