Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Folding@Home, Team 239902

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hit 1 billion points for EHW today! That puts me at just over three billion total:   https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/245283   Been quite the journey with this site and with f

Meet the newest member of the family. All the way from the Rhineland. With linky to PCB creators compatibility charts.    The interesting parts I am concerned with. "Aparently Threadrippers

Posted Images

EHW Folding@Home
1 hour ago, BWG said:

What is it? Looks super slow.

Single thread of my 5800x.  I have FAHClient on my gaming PC in my office and the wife's gaming PC for TC.  I use FAHClient on my Gaming PC to control and monitor but it doesn't like having no slots configured because then on reboot, it just decides to reconfigure slots for your CPU and all available GPU's on its own.  So I added a single CPU slot with 1 thread so that it doesn't keep adding new slots on reboots.  Plus this will just help to pad my Work Unit count...

Modern problems require Canadian solutions.

9 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Troll.png.8b1a3f80ccbfa7d57551fbb07535d390.png

Not enough make-up

Premium Platinum

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=1230589

270 million points in 24 hours, almost 1000 units per update with an average of 33k per unit. 
What do you guys think, insane CPU system or GPU's without a passkey? 
Their team is closing in fast..

Some info after looking up the team on the F@H page: 
SLING is founded by Jozef Stefan Institute, which is a Slovenian research institute. 

Also, we are number 200 on the team rankings! 💪

EHW News Editor
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=1230589

270 million points in 24 hours, almost 1000 units per update with an average of 33k per unit. 
What do you guys think, insane CPU system or GPU's without a passkey? 
Their team is closing in fast..

Some info after looking up the team on the F@H page: 
SLING is founded by Jozef Stefan Institute, which is a Slovenian research institute. 

Also, we are number 200 on the team rankings! 💪

Most likely a few racks of server grade GPU's. Probably Tesla A100's or RTX 8000's. 

This guy claims to have 8xA100's pumping out 64 Million PPD. Fair to estimate that a research institute could bring a few racks to bear to kick out those numbers. 

Edited by Avacado
Premium Platinum

But with 1000 units worth 33k average per 3 hours you would think that they are missing a passkey, otherwise the average points per unit should be way higher.

• 4 weeks later...
EHW Folding@Home

I finished hooking the A/C up and it's running. Got a lot of cleanup to do. I also switched the 3080ti to my main rig with my 3080 so they are both on PCI-E 4.0. I then moved the bench to my 1700x rig. Everything is folding, and the A/C barely cycles on at all. Steady 72 F right now. A bit chilly with the ceiling fan circulation. HFM shows everything's folding. 3080ti is where my display is plugged in, but I'm not touching it. All clocks on 3080 and 3080ti match so we can see a fair comparison.