Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Post your Last Purchase

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little package showed up today Aluminium profiles and a few bags of hardware!   And this is what it looks like for now, will have to do some testfitting soon to start working on

5 million ppd. 2x 1080ti's. First time having anything 80 let alone ti. Better than 2x 1070's. Should be neat for me.    

Looks like I just bought a 6900XT directly from the AMD website for MSRP (plus tax and shipping, total was about $1075) after watching one of those youtube inventory tracking videos.  I made the pu

Posted Images

FX System installed, the R7 360 isn't installed as a friend needs something to get by on till something is available at a decent/msrp price.

also got my 3rd 4TB drive in and running all in raid 5 now. 

P_20210402_000233.jpg

P_20210402_000250.jpg

P_20210402_000324.jpg

P_20210402_000303.jpg

raid 5.jpg

3 Noctua NF-A20 fans (black ones) are on the way for the workstation build, needs a little more moving air around the GPU's.

And I decided to switch some hardware between different builds, so I had to order a pump res combo (EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 160) with a 120 rad mount and some fittings to make it all work.

Large dikes (wire cutters, for those who need clarification), an arbor for a 3/4 inch hole saw, some JB Weld Steel Stick, a can of shiny chrome/silver Rustoleum, some small E12 light bulbs, a four socket harness for those bulbs, a 1/4 inch wood chisel, more jute covered twisted wire, yadee, yadee, yada, etc., so I can finish up what follows (my other "RGB" fixture):

rgb-fixture-2.thumb.jpg.b314932a63bd6f5cbad5ab22c4f52735.jpg

1 hour ago, The Pook said:

another X540 to 10 GbE all the things

x540-png.2484930

maybe if I buy 3 more I can 20 GbE all the things 🤔

Make all the things 10. :)

New fans for switches and UPS, since I'm moving everything out of the rack in the closet to a small 12U in my office.

fans.thumb.jpg.6701013d549fa040a66bacc1bf4fb178.jpg

On 4/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, iamjanco said:

Large dikes (wire cutters, for those who need clarification), an arbor for a 3/4 inch hole saw, some JB Weld Steel Stick, a can of shiny chrome/silver Rustoleum, some small E12 light bulbs, a four socket harness for those bulbs, a 1/4 inch wood chisel, more jute covered twisted wire, yadee, yadee, yada, etc., so I can finish up what follows (my other "RGB" fixture):

rgb-fixture-2.thumb.jpg.b314932a63bd6f5cbad5ab22c4f52735.jpg

...one day we will all wake up to the fact that @iamjanco was actually building an extinction-level super bang thing... 

46 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Is that a pulpit? 

...haha - way too small to serve as a pulpit for moi 😛

...it's a laptop 'desk' from Walmart...has adjustable height and wheels for moving around a heavy build. For that, I used steel straps to reinforce the two top plate bits, and added a steel leg on the other side.  Cooling system on the bottom (suspended by steel straps, rubber mounted), testbench frame on top with computer components....have custom clear and painted acrylic bits in process for dust protection / air-flow management.

plp2.thumb.jpg.25a5154f96602401fe1d2becb2b7475a.jpg

plp3b.jpg.b7134536ba77084f3236e0e8fe6d6cd8.jpg

plp1.jpg.a55a582a2cad92253c030de3ba06fef2.jpg

News Editor
Just now, J7SC_Orion said:

...haha - way too small to serve as a pulpit for moi 😛

...it's a laptop 'desk' from Walmart...has adjustable height and wheels for moving around a heavy build. For that, I used steel straps to reinforce the two top plate bits, and added a steel leg on the other side.  Cooling system on the bottom (suspended by steel straps, rubber mounted), testbench frame on top with computer components....have custom clear and painted acrylic bits in process for dust protection / air-flow management.

plp2.thumb.jpg.25a5154f96602401fe1d2becb2b7475a.jpg

plp3b.jpg.b7134536ba77084f3236e0e8fe6d6cd8.jpg

plp1.jpg.a55a582a2cad92253c030de3ba06fef2.jpg

Hawt! I just bought a P14 5 pack. Damn you for getting in my head. If I didn't already have an enormous amount of SW3's and ML120s, I would have bought the 120 5 packs. 

2 hours ago, Avacado said:

Hawt! I just bought a P14 5 pack. Damn you for getting in my head. If I didn't already have an enormous amount of SW3's and ML120s, I would have bought the 120 5 packs. 

...well, the latest Arctic P pwm series are a bit like a virus that can get in your head 😜  ...as suggested before, I tried out a couple for a few months before "going all in". I didn't want any RGB fans (there's enough RGB already, plus all these are push/pull - don't even see the ones on the back).

...I find they are ideal in push / pull to replace my GentleTyphoon (3K) and Sunon (5K)...even with big triple row, 480X64mm rads.  On top of great cooling performance, they are also quiet (though everything is rubber-mounted). At 1.8K rpm for the P12s, all I hear is the 'whoosh' from the air rushing through, not the fan blades sounding like Cessna propeller.

...GTs and Sunon are destined for another project that isn't within immediate ear-shot 

...spent all that time optimizing my 3950X, but 'had an offer I couldn't refuse'. this afternoon. 5950X and ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark not only actually available, but at a great price from the place we buy a lot of commercial computer equipment from...now I'm wondering whether to keep the regular Crosshair VIII Hero wi-fi / 3950X for other related duties, or sell it...

X570Dk_5950Xu.thumb.jpg.b0cc17cd686f720994c8513434c0735b.jpg

Edited by J7SC_Orion