Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Motorsports Discussion Thread

Anyone interested in striking up some F1 discussion? Was quite the finish to the race, and sets a fantastic precedent for the season to come.

Great start to the motorsports year in general as well. All three F2 races from that weekend were absolutely fantastic, full of action. Nascar has been getting underway, seven unique winners in the first seven races. Extreme E has had a good start to the entire series, based on the headlines I've seen. I'd like to actually watch some if I have the time. I know MotoGP and Formula E have also gotten going, but I don't follow those quite as closely, as much as I'd like to.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the highlights at redbull.com  They still have Monte and Finland available to watch but I dont know how long they keep them up.  Only 30min of coverage for each day, but better than nothing. 

Absolutely, the Papadakis Racing YT channel is absolutely fantastic for that sort of stuff. Fairly in-depth but very approachable technical stuff in his videos. Great production quality as well.

Watching F1 preseason testing day 1, session 1 right now. Super excited to see the cars on track for the first time this year.   Been watching for two hours and it's now 4 AM. I should proba

Posted Images

EHW Folding@Home

Let's talk about Mustangs, Camaros, and poorly edited videos of BWG!

I used to watch every NASCAR race and some NHRA, but when Mark Martin retired, it became a lot less. It does help my kids fall asleep when watching all of those left turns.

2 minutes ago, BWG said:

I used to watch every NASCAR race and some NHRA, but when Mark Martin retired, it became a lot less. It does help my kids fall asleep when watching all of those left turns.

I used to have an 04' GT, Loved that car, got totaled one morning on the way to class (Some lady failed to yield left turn on green) and I got T-boned. I had JUST made my last payment on her. I really do miss that ride.

Stang1.jpg.ea2698b5bc02ab14f9f864ecf75c7b96.jpg

Stang2.jpg.edc0226f184c9e5e4cd531461821556f.jpg

EHW Folding@Home
3 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I used to have an 04' GT, Loved that car, got totaled one morning on the way to class (Some lady failed to yield left turn on green) and I got T-boned. I had JUST made my last payment on her. I really do miss that ride.

Stang1.jpg.ea2698b5bc02ab14f9f864ecf75c7b96.jpg

Stang2.jpg.edc0226f184c9e5e4cd531461821556f.jpg

That stinks! So, what did you replace it with? I have a friend that has a new edge. My Audi beats it surprisingly. But, he can do a burnout and quattro won't let me.

Those vids were stock other than wheels and tires, but it's tuned on e-85 with a few other mods. Should run 11.1 with the right driver or me practicing more. 2nd maro got the jump, so I hopped it a little trying to get back in front, and I did.

But, I'm getting ready to sell it.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, BWG said:

Funnily enough drag racing is one form of motorsport that I'm not super interested in watching at a professional level, which is rare. I can appreciate the time and engineering that goes into it, but purely from a spectator standpoint the action to prep ratio is pretty low. Definitely looks like fun though, and credit to you for going out and pushing your cars, doesn't happen often enough.

In a similar vein I went autocrossing for the first time ever a few weeks ago in my '03 BMW 330i. It's got like 202k miles on it, bone stock, and it's more of a backup car now that I take on some errands once every week or two to keep the juices flowing and whatnot. Had a great time and the car held up super well (plus I have to say I was surprised by my own performance), really looking forward to the next opportunity to do so. Long live amateur motorsports!

Edited by Supercrumpet