*Coming November/December* Signature Rigs & Content Embed Wizard (Google Docs,Soundcloud,Spotify & More) ×
*Coming December* EHW Marketplace ×

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

News of Covid-19 vaccine with 90% effectiveness sees pandemic-boosted stocks tank

Both Pfizer and BioNTech announced that their mRNA-based vaccine had been shown to be effective at blocking the virus in 90 percent of participants in stage 3 of its clinical trial, which included 43,358 participants. The vaccine uses a two-dose process, and Pfizer says, “no serious safety concerns have been observed.” The company believes it can produce 50 million doses by the end of this year and up to 1.3 billion doses through 2021

As per CNBC, to give you an idea of the importance of that 90 percent efficacy rate, scientists had been hoping for a vaccine that would be at least 75 percent effective. White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci, meanwhile, had said 50 – 60 percent would be acceptable.

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/87521-news-covid-19-vaccine-90-effectiveness-sees-pandemic.html

Some extremely good news! Not purely tech news but news that impacts us all.

Edited by UltraMega

My stocks have been pretty crazy today, not in the way I would have expected. Two of my stocks that seemingly don't tie to covid a whole lot went down substantially while my tech stocks barely moved. I have a few stocks I bought low expecting them to jump up with the end of covid and they went up but barely. 

Also, let's hope the quarantine last long enough for us to play cyberpunk.

Edited by UltraMega

I haven't looked at my stocks....since probably last march..they're all in an IRA so I don't care about the daily or even monthly ups and downs.  I'm in it for the long haul...it's all about dividend reinvestment.   I'm guessing my Pfizer stock went up.