*Coming November/December* Signature Rigs & Content Embed Wizard (Google Docs,Soundcloud,Spotify & More) ×
*Coming December* EHW Marketplace ×

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Hey all.

So I have been running a Huawei P10 Plus for the last few years. Served me well but might be time for an upgrade. Currently looking at the One Plus Nord as a decent contender, great specs for the money. The 256Gb/12Gb Ram version can be had for a little over £350.

Happy to hear if anyone has any other recommendations.

Cheers, 

E

8 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Hey all.

So I have been running a Huawei P10 Plus for the last few years. Served me well but might be time for an upgrade. Currently looking at the One Plus Nord as a decent contender, great specs for the money. The 256Gb/12Gb Ram version can be had for a little over £350.

Happy to hear if anyone has any other recommendations.

Cheers, 

E

The One Plus Nord isn't even available over here yet (only beta sign-up, per below). Since I don't like Apple ('it's [marketing bumf] magic' 🤢), I'd look at a mid-range Samsung Galaxy 5G, but I'm anything but an expert on mobile phones.

oneplusnordbeta.thumb.jpg.03dffed6c91e90599ef91a577c5964d1.jpg

...also, if you like things called 'Nord' with great specs for the money, how about this 142 meter mega yacht; just finishing sea trials...it has all kinds of mobile communication built in at no extra charge !

large-e50b10be0af5c37a70ffe413de569269.j

14 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

The One Plus Nord isn't even available over here yet (only beta sign-up, per below). Since I don't like Apple ('it's [marketing bumf] magic' 🤢), I'd look at a mid-range Samsung Galaxy 5G, but I'm anything but an expert on mobile phones.

oneplusnordbeta.thumb.jpg.03dffed6c91e90599ef91a577c5964d1.jpg

...also, if you like things called 'Nord' with great specs for the money, how about this 142 meter mega yacht; just finishing sea trials...it has all kinds of mobile communication built in at no extra charge !

large-e50b10be0af5c37a70ffe413de569269.j

Oh really ? Surprising it is not released there yet. Yeah not looking to spend much, not as much as usual as I don't need a mega phone, just something to last a few years. 

Oh...but not worth it if I don't get the helicopter.

Maybe look at Pixels if the camera is a huge selling point? the only Pixel that costs relatively similar is the Pixel 4a and it's a downgrade pretty much everywhere but the camera compared to the Nord ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

I did check out the Pixel range but didn't fine the spec to price ratio that enticing. I did however find the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 5G which is a little more expensive, but for the price is an impressive spec https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_10t_pro_5g-ampp-10437.php

have you already looked into the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC? I just found out about it today, half the price of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro ($230) but 2GB RAM less RAM. it looks skeptically good for the price. 

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10415&idPhone3=10437&idPhone2=10385

Edited by The Pook

Not a bad price actually but I did notice it lacks 5G. Likely how they managed to get it down to that price as 5G modules are still pricey.  Nice find, might be good phone for my kid haha.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:27 PM, ENTERPRISE said:

I did check out the Pixel range but didn't fine the spec to price ratio that enticing. I did however find the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 5G which is a little more expensive, but for the price is an impressive spec https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_10t_pro_5g-ampp-10437.php

I've had Pixels and Samsungs simultaneously the last few years, since I have a personal and company issued phone. While the Pixels don't spec out as well in terms of hardware, if you are in the Google ecosystem, there is nothing like it in terms of experience. It's just so incredibly well integrated and convenient. And, yeah, the camera lives up to the hype. As for as the hardware, it isn't that far off that it's even noticeable in real world usage, unless your real world usage is based on running Geekbenck 24/7. I couldn't imagine using anything else at this point. I'm probably going to grab a Pixel 5 on black Friday.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:54 PM, ciarlatano said:

I've had Pixels and Samsungs simultaneously the last few years, since I have a personal and company issued phone. While the Pixels don't spec out as well in terms of hardware, if you are in the Google ecosystem, there is nothing like it in terms of experience. It's just so incredibly well integrated and convenient. And, yeah, the camera lives up to the hype. As for as the hardware, it isn't that far off that it's even noticeable in real world usage, unless your real world usage is based on running Geekbenck 24/7. I couldn't imagine using anything else at this point. I'm probably going to grab a Pixel 5 on black Friday.

I have never seen the pull to the Pixel, The Google eco system is great but unless I am missing something, this can be replicated on other devices which I have done thus far. The nice thing however like some other brands, it likely does not have any bloatware.