*Coming Soon* Signature Rigs & Content Embed Wizard (Google Docs,Soundcloud,Spotify & More) ×

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

The Mechanical Keyboards Club

Someone had to do it.

Now added is a membership spreadsheet to give more of the good 'ol "Club" feel. If you get a new keyboard to add to your collection, be sure to include what switches and keycaps you have, including just specifying "original" caps. Photos are appreciated and linked in the spreadsheet as well. Feel free to let me know if you no longer have a board just to keep things up to date. I can leave it on the sheet but will add a note to the entry.

-- Membership Google Sheet Temporarily Disabled --

I'll start with an old-ish photo of my collection from one of the rare occasions when they're all in the same place at the same time. I'm expecting a new addition this weekend, a Vortex Tab 90. I'm a big fan of the layout.

Pictured is a WASD V2 (MX Green) with GMK Nautilus caps, a Vortex VIBE (MX Blue) with SA Carbon, a WASD CODE (MX Clear) with Tai Hao PBT caps, and a Magicforce 68 (Gateron Brown) with Tai Hao caps.

3gudqkq.jpg

Edited by Supercrumpet

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"481","title":"1.jpg","width":"641","data-attachmentid":1128}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"485","title":"2.jpg","width":"647","data-attachmentid":1129}[/ATTACH]

CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro S with MX Browns

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"rx8pNby.jpg","data-attachmentid":1182}[/ATTACH]

I want to get some nicer key caps since these are ugly and don't shine through (they're from a clearance kit on Massdrop) but I haven't found a set I like for a price I'm willing to pay.

Also have a $30 Velocifire TKL01 with Outemu Browns.

I've got a bog standard Filco Majestouch 2 with blues. I had the original Majestouch before.

I am eyeing up this cheap tenkeyless board from G.Skill which apparently has genuine Cherry keys in. I find full length is a bit annoying now for low DPI gaming.

CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro S with MX Browns

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"rx8pNby.jpg","data-attachmentid":1182}[/ATTACH]

I want to get some nicer key caps since these are ugly and don't shine through (they're from a clearance kit on Massdrop) but I haven't found a set I like for a price I'm willing to pay.

Also have a $30 Velocifire TKL01 with Outemu Browns.

Oh that is nice, have to admit, I am thinking about getting a smaller one at some point, save some of that desk space.

Oh that is nice, have to admit, I am thinking about getting a smaller one at some point, save some of that desk space.

thanks! I wanted a TKL for the same reason.

I bought a cheap wireless numpad because I thought I'd miss it but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

I got at least one, massdrop's xd75 w/ GMK Laser

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tqeaWHUu.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t628.2 KB ID:\t1207","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1207","data-size":"full","title":"qeaWHUu.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

Edited by cscoder4ever

thanks! I wanted a TKL for the same reason.

I bought a cheap wireless numpad because I thought I'd miss it but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

Yeah a numpad is something I use but only because it is there for me right now, I dont think I would miss it. Hell, back in my younger days I used to ignore the numpad and just go straight for the top row keys haha.

Yeah a numpad is something I use but only because it is there for me right now, I dont think I would miss it. Hell, back in my younger days I used to ignore the numpad and just go straight for the top row keys haha.

That's basically where I'm at. Use the numbers because they're there, but not a big deal if they're not. However, on a TKL or similar, I'm always missing that second enter key, so I feel like I need a numpad. Makes finding custom keycap sets annoying.

Tab 90 came in. I'm super super happy with it, even in the five minutes I've been using it so far. Very quiet as well, quieter than my other board with MX clears, and that's something I was hoping for since this will be a work office keyboard. I also managed to either forget or never realize that this is a Bluetooth compatible keyboard, and that's something I've been interested in for the past few months, so that's a nice surprise. I just need some batteries and an actual Bluetooth receiver.

BMrtteG.jpg

IKXsiH1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm the owner of a G910 and i love this keyboard.

g910-hero-feature-1-desktop.png_imgw_1888_1888.thumb.png.eea630cb98bf1082e2c027d6fe69ae7a.png

What i think is really funny that i didn't plan on and i didn't really think about before after i got my Headset was that everything i own is Logitech my Keyboard, Muse and Headset. my Muse is the G502 and my headset is the G935 >_<

I'm the owner of a G910 and i love this keyboard.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","title":"g910-hero-feature-1-desktop.png.imgw.1888.1888.png","data-attachmentid":2369}[/ATTACH]

What i think is really funny that i didn't plan on and i didn't really think about before after i got my Headset was that everything i own is Logitech my Keyboard, Muse and Headset. my Muse is the G502 and my headset is the G935 >_<

I've never tried a Logitech mech board; the styling and non-standard switches have mostly turned me away. Only Logitech board I've used is a K120, the true classic membrane.

Big fan of Logitech mice though, used (until they died) a 500, 600, 700S, and currently own and use a 502, 602, and 900.

In other news though, my Tab90 came back from RMA last weekend, using it at work again. Absolutely love it. Not sure why it feels better than my WASD Code with the same MX Clear switches, but I think it sounds a bit better too and the layout is perfect. My favorite board I've ever used by far.

Big fan of Logitech mice though, used (until they died) a 500, 600, 700S, and currently own and use a 502, 602, and 900.

No QOL issues? I loved my MX518 and it lasted me almost a decade but I'm on my third G502 in less than 2 years.

Trying to decide if I should try my luck with another Logitech mouse (MX518 reboot?) or go elsewhere (Roccat Kone EMP?).

No QOL issues? I loved my MX518 and it lasted me almost a decade but I'm on my third G502 in less than 2 years.

Trying to decide if I should try my luck with another Logitech mouse (MX518 reboot?) or go elsewhere (Roccat Kone EMP?).

Not to turn this into a mouse thread, but I have tried other mice (granted, only two for a somewhat extended period of time each), but I keep coming back to Logitech. Other two I've tried are the Roccat Tyon, which has hardware-based mouse acceleration that you can't disable as far as I'm aware, which is a shame because I really enjoy it otherwise, and the Corsair Ironclaw, which I absolutely loved until the scroll wheel broke after I owned it for a month.

If anyone has recommendations for a mouse for $100 or less that has four thumb buttons and is preferably wireless, I'm more than open to suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

I grabbed a cheap wireless 80% 60% mechanical keyboard for my NUC, hasn't come in yet and all I know about it is it uses "MX Compatible" key caps and I think they're Jixian? I ordered the clicky blues, hopefully they aren't terrible.

XrlT3hB.png.b7b62e37f945fcb5fd987a0ec1e1d8b8.png

Not to turn this into a mouse thread, but I have tried other mice (granted, only two for a somewhat extended period of time each), but I keep coming back to Logitech. Other two I've tried are the Roccat Tyon, which has hardware-based mouse acceleration that you can't disable as far as I'm aware, which is a shame because I really enjoy it otherwise, and the Corsair Ironclaw, which I absolutely loved until the scroll wheel broke after I owned it for a month.

If anyone has recommendations for a mouse for $100 or less that has four thumb buttons and is preferably wireless, I'm more than open to suggestions.

Have a feeling I'm just going to end up with another Logitech mouse too :(

Decided to hold off until the Model D launches in a couple weeks (the O looks too small) and if that doesn't tickle my fancy I'll probably try a G703 or just get another 502.

If I don't like the 703 I'lll return it and grab another G502 :)

Edited by The Pook
I grabbed a cheap wireless 80% mechanical keyboard for my NUC, hasn't come in yet and all I know about it is it uses "MX Compatible" key caps and I think they're Jixian? I ordered the clicky blues, hopefully they aren't terrible.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"XrlT3hB.png","data-attachmentid":2619}[/ATTACH]

Have a feeling I'm just going to end up with another Logitech mouse too :(

Decided to hold off until the Model D launches in a couple weeks (the O looks too small) and if that doesn't tickle my fancy I'll probably try a G703 or just get another 502.

If I don't like the 703 I'lll return it and grab another G502 :)

Interesting, let us know how that board turns out.