Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Folding@Home 20th Anniversary Folding Competition - Lots of prizes up for grabs !

I ironically, for once, didn't have any crashes.  But, most of my rigs are stock ish anyway, I mean I guess PBO with IF / Memory overclock could be argued as not stock.  That EK AIO looks neat, and considering my current build plans it'll definitely be finding a use so :wheee_orange:.  Still folding when not gaming, gotta help build the team back up. :)  That was a lot of fun, hopefully next round I'll have another Ryzen / RX580 rig setup to join too if my CPU ever ships.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PSA:  If you have been folding since the start and your systems haven't crashed yet, they are stable.  That is all, have a great day.

Winners !     @Cerberus = Corsair - K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed — Black  @Nestala = Cooler Master - Caliber R1 Camo Gaming Chair    @Zonalo = Crucial - Crucia

Thanks to everyone who participated, organized, donated and coached. I was hospitalized on thursday due to covid complications and got out today to find my computer didn't die AND I had won a prize. 3

Posted Images

Premium Platinum
10 hours ago, InverseTundra said:

I can safely say i had the most crashes out of everyone, i'll take that award.

Also repasted my 980tis today and got the temps back in check. Nice and clean. What isnt clean is my apartment. Dropped my 570X Side panel 3 inches onto my desk as i went to set it on the case and it exploded like a ballistic missile. I had glass 20ft across my apartment. And of course everyone is out of stock on them. If anyone has a Corsair 570X Case / Side panel they'd be willing to sell hmu xD.

RIP sidepanel...

I can imagine the mess, have fun with all the glass you'll find the next few months :classic_blink:

7 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Sorry to hear man. I wil of course press F to pay my respects.

F

F :classic_laugh:

Administrators

Well all winners details have been sent to manufacturers for shipping. I hope you get all your prizes as soon as possible.

Messages have also been sent with respect to getting the ball rolling on getting the cash prizes completed :)

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Yea those are the only 2 i found also. Corsair has apparently been marked out of stock for months on and off. Hopefully i get a notification of a restock soon. I asked their chat and he said it wasnt discontinued at least. MNPC is the only instock one and 50$ for a technically used panel plus shipping is just a bit much. Id kinda rather just buy the case during a sale and hijack a panel lol. We'll see as the weeks go by i guess.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, ENTERPRISE said:

Winners !

@Cerberus = Corsair - K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed — Black 
@Nestala = Cooler Master - Caliber R1 Camo Gaming Chair   
@Zonalo = Crucial - Crucial P5 1TB PCIe M.2 2280SS NVMe  
@Bastiaan_NL = InWin - 904 Plus PC Chassis  

@Imports_R32 = Crucial - Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200 16GB DDR4 (2x8Gb) Kit (Choice of colour: White,Red,Black) 
@BWG = InWin - 700Watt Commander 3 80+ Gold Modular PSU 
@pioneerisloud = EKWB - EK-AIO Basic 240

@bsasealteam6 = TeamGroup - T-FORCE VULCAN Z grey 3200 16GB DDR4 (2x8Gb) Kit(Colour: Grey) 
@bonami2  = TeamGroup - T-FORCE VULCAN G SSD 512GB 

@aulcus = $50 Cash Giveaway From @BWG 
@Diffident = $25 Cash Giveaway from @axipher  
@Alex = £25 Cash Giveaway from @ENTERPRISE
@Sgt_Swanny = £25 Cash Giveaway from @ENTERPRISE 
@spyzer = Gold Premium Account from @Bastiaan_NL 

Congratulations to all our winners. We will have this items processed as soon as possible. Please note that all sponsored prizing will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer.  Cash related prizes, I will be in contact to claim your details and pass them on to the relevant parties so payments can be made. This includes the Premium Account given away.

Congrats to the winners!

Premium Gold

Thanks to everyone who participated, organized, donated and coached. I was hospitalized on thursday due to covid complications and got out today to find my computer didn't die AND I had won a prize. 3 gifts in one day and it's not even my birthday!

Premium Platinum
7 hours ago, Zonalo said:

Thanks to everyone who participated, organized, donated and coached. I was hospitalized on thursday due to covid complications and got out today to find my computer didn't die AND I had won a prize. 3 gifts in one day and it's not even my birthday!

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital, and congrats on the prize and stable machine :classic_biggrin:

EHW Folding@Home
8 hours ago, Zonalo said:

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital as well, I hope everything is okay.

News Editor
8 hours ago, Zonalo said:

Very glad to hear you recovered. I hope you were not ventilated. Take extra Vit D and some ibuprofen for a bit. COVID is very inflammatory and causes lasting cardiac damage. If you have any questions unanswered by your primary care doc, shoot me a PM. 

15 hours ago, Zonalo said:

Great to hear things have improved, and congrats!

Administrators
16 hours ago, Zonalo said:

Sorry to hear you were hospitalised, that must have been a real bummer. Glad you are out and on the mend. Looks like the universe thought you were due some wins haha, congrats on all of them :).

Administrators
1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Thanks again E and Corsair, UPS 3 day from California, typing on the new board, gonna take a little bit to get used to.... already dirty, lol

20210306_112950.jpg

Nice, I am glad all has arrived well ! Quick, get the duster out !

Figured I'd update, thanks again E and the sponsors!  The EKWB 240 AIO arrived safe and sound today.  Debating on putting it on my 3600 or saving it for my future x570 build.  It's too pretty to cut up so I won't do that to it yet.  :p  

It's still in the box, so sorry, no pictures yet.  Don't want to mess up the wrapping till its time.

Rest assured, it'll be seeing a good thermal load here soon enough. 🔥

Edited by pioneerisloud
On 3/9/2021 at 3:51 AM, pioneerisloud said:

Figured I'd update, thanks again E and the sponsors!  The EKWB 240 AIO arrived safe and sound today.  Debating on putting it on my 3600 or saving it for my future x570 build.  It's too pretty to cut up so I won't do that to it yet.  :p  

It's still in the box, so sorry, no pictures yet.  Don't want to mess up the wrapping till its time.

Rest assured, it'll be seeing a good thermal load here soon enough. 🔥

On 3/6/2021 at 11:31 AM, Cerberus said:

Thanks again E and Corsair, UPS 3 day from California, typing on the new board, gonna take a little bit to get used to.... already dirty, lol

20210306_112950.jpg

Did either of you receive any kind of confirmation that it shipped before hand, or did it just show up?

5 minutes ago, bsasealteam6 said:

Did either of you receive any kind of confirmation that it shipped before hand, or did it just show up?

just showed up, i was expecting weeks, tbh

10 hours ago, bsasealteam6 said:

I did get an email from the carrier before it was shipped, notifying me that a package was on its way, and the email matched the package so yes.  I didn't know that's what it was until it arrived though lol.

• 2 weeks later...
EHW Folding@Home

You should schedule all of the events 5 years in advance, and pay out the prizes 5 years before the events start. 

Now what's your brain doing?