Jump to content
We are undertaking some maintenance and improvements over the next few weeks. Apologies in advance for any temporary hiccups during this time. ×

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Folding@Home 20th Anniversary Folding Competition - Lots of prizes up for grabs !


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PSA:  If you have been folding since the start and your systems haven't crashed yet, they are stable.  That is all, have a great day.

Winners !     @Cerberus = Corsair - K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed — Black  @Nestala = Cooler Master - Caliber R1 Camo Gaming Chair    @Zonalo = Crucial - Crucia

Okay, last update for tonight since I'm doing them manually every hour or so, need to sleep, so will see a big jump in stats in about 7-8 hours when I do the next update.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, BWG said:

 

I'll take 5! lol

 

I have been looking at this kind of stuff. I did not put 2x 220's dedicated in there for nothin when I built my office last year.

   

...ok, but then you might miss out on this thing below (mind you, I would do the w-cooling differently...)  ...kudos for the extra 220s...we have a decent e-setup here, but I do  have that industrial-gauge extension cord from the hi-po dryer outlet snaking across as an auxiliary to where the beasts slumber in their lair...

 

bizon.thumb.jpg.04bb20bfc28ce57f377c67295414d3b9.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Why would you show me that, I didn't even know it existed. 

  

...I showed it to you as your earlier pics of your current setup underscore that you're both a connoisseur and a man of action...btw, did that battery holder 'fix' you mentioned earlier work ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Platinum
14 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

  

...I showed it to you as your earlier pics of your current setup underscore that you're both a connoisseur and a man of action...btw, did that battery holder 'fix' you mentioned earlier work ?

Funny you should ask. And no I don't have the bandwidth to deal with this for quite a few days. Error code memory 00. This code led me to try and remove the battery in the first place. Before you try and help. I have tried all the normal solutions. 1 stick known working. Etc. Problem started after putting the 2950x in this board. I will do a reseat when i have time, but it won't be before this tourney ends.

Edited by Avacado
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avacado said:

Won't look much changed from how it does right now. Though in 3 days time when the 24 avg's catch up, I'll wager it'll look something like

 

Bastiaan

Avacado

CptAsian

 

Just a guess though :)

We'll see what the temps do and how much I want to play CoD :classic_biggrin:
I could switch the 3090 from the main for a 2080s just for CoD, but I'm afraid the PSU on the second system will start smoking..

 

1 hour ago, BWG said:

 

More focused on the # of active/new folders with this one. Good to see new faces/actives! :)

 

I hope there will be a lot of new guys joining us, let's see!

 

1 hour ago, J7SC_Orion said:

...what I like to see is @Avacado and @Bastiaan_NL arm up with either one (or both) of these, load in the 8-channel TR Pro 3995wx and stuff those PCIe slots to the brim... 

How I would love to set up something like that, but money and heat would be an issue in my house. Once the outside temps go up a bit I have trouble staying alive :classic_laugh:
Ambient was at 21°C with the thermostat set at 16°C (no ac), so things are heating up already with 3 systems online.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Avacado said:

When will it be out? Seeing the next gen mobo pricing recently means I would need to take out a second mortgage just for the board 

  

..the WRX80 mobos (requiring those special Threadripper Pros due to their 8-channel) should be out in March, afaik. Probably not at all the usual sales channels, more likely at workstation shops / specialists. CPU / mobo combo will be pricey for sure.

 

..as to '00' w/ your current mobo / 2950X, I hope you can get that sorted. I like the TR mounting better than Intel HEDT, but still....Once I plugged my 2950X in and mounted the Heatkiller Pro, I didn't touch it (since Dec '18), same w/ the w-cooled 2080 Tis in that setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avacado said:

Won't look much changed from how it does right now. Though in 3 days time when the 24 avg's catch up, I'll wager it'll look something like

 

Bastiaan

Avacado

CptAsian

 

Just a guess though :)

 

Seems likely, I'm already most of the way up to speed and I've been pausing somewhat regularly to get some gaming in on one of the 2080 Tis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Content Creator
59 minutes ago, Supercrumpet said:

 

Seems likely, I'm already most of the way up to speed and I've been pausing somewhat regularly to get some gaming in on one of the 2080 Tis.

Yeah, I saw ya up there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had big ambitions for this event.  I was going to get my 2P system back up and running with 32 threads and add a 1070ti.  I also wanted to have the first work unit drop right after the start.  Well, in reality, I only have my Radeon VII..and the first finished task will be over an hour late.  😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

Folding for Team 239902

CPU/VGA : 1660 Super Gaming  X MSI Motherboard: B460 Asrock SteelLegend Memory: x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16 GB PC28800 3600 MHz Storage: 1x WD Black SN750 500GB  and 2 x 1TB WD Blue  Cooling: Jonsbo CR 1200 Case: AIGO POLLUX Fans: 3x Aigo X1 Blue 120 mm 2x Aigo White fan case 120mm

Link to post
Share on other sites

:wheee:

Just getting my clients going.  Sorry it took so long, still working on getting all of my old junk online again.  I've got 2x6 core Haswells, 2x 12 core Haswells, and 1x 16 core Broadwell with RX580 going right now.  Working on getting my 3600 / RX580 going next, sadly the rest of my junk is still missing parts lol.

Let's get this thing going!  First post, but I'm sure I can figure this place out. :lachen:

EDIT:
Okay, got my Ryzen 3600 and other RX580 going now too.  That leaves only one system offline, still missing CPU lol.  Gonna be as close as I can get for now to fully online and folding.

Edited by pioneerisloud
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 GPU's running for now, I'm trying to keep them online.

I have had an error that causes the clients to stop 2 times in 2 weeks on the second system, looks like something produces a corrupt file after running for too long. 
After a reboot it works fine, but that's not a solution. It works for now, and I just reboot the system once a day to hopefully keep it online without any errors.
If the competition is over I'll individually test each component, to find what's causing those errors.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Platinum
23 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

4 GPU's running for now, I'm trying to keep them online.

I have had an error that causes the clients to stop 2 times in 2 weeks on the second system, looks like something produces a corrupt file after running for too long. 
After a reboot it works fine, but that's not a solution. It works for now, and I just reboot the system once a day to hopefully keep it online without any errors.
If the competition is over I'll individually test each component, to find what's causing those errors.

 

 

Awww, I am sorry to hear that.

 

 

Devil.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Content Creator
3 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

:wheee:

Just getting my clients going.  Sorry it took so long, still working on getting all of my old junk online again.  I've got 2x6 core Haswells, 2x 12 core Haswells, and 1x 16 core Broadwell with RX580 going right now.  Working on getting my 3600 / RX580 going next, sadly the rest of my junk is still missing parts lol.

Let's get this thing going!  First post, but I'm sure I can figure this place out. :lachen:

EDIT:
Okay, got my Ryzen 3600 and other RX580 going now too.  That leaves only one system offline, still missing CPU lol.  Gonna be as close as I can get for now to fully online and folding.

 

Maybe you can fold on your broken TV's ARM chips too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BWG said:

 

Maybe you can fold on your broken TV's ARM chips too?

I wish lol.  That just ticked me off, it went straight to the dumpster. -_-

I do have another AM4 build, but I've been waiting on my 3300x to be shipped for about a month now.  Beginning to think its not going to show up.  OfficeDepot though, so I guess I can continue sitting and waiting for it.  Not like they won't issue me a refund or something.  Otherwise, I'd have another AM4 / RX580 rig going too.  It's fully build minus the CPU lol.

At least I have more powerful junk than before.  That's what matters...progress. 🤣

Edited by pioneerisloud
Link to post
Share on other sites
EHW Content Creator
5 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Will get a stats page linked in the OP later today :)

 

Mostly working stats in a Google Sheets here, that is when the IMPORTDATA commands are working correctly...

 

I'll be updating the end-of-days with static data.

 

If the IMPORTDATA commands don't play nicely the rest of today, I will have to switch to 3-hour manual updates or something.  GDocs early testing was fine, but it hates live data...  Might have to go back to building a quick PHP web-page for this for next time around.

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTCHyCWqzzOn58g9qkJ7GBHbjJgdrT2y0sCuUYz44dGiwoFEAlURi8KQsTzeJIPV3HDv6bWb36uw5JI/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false#gid=2029153325

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Platinum

I'm coming for dat ass @BWG

BWG.png.6c81d2217e83b3e9be956376b8118ffd.png

 

*Warning* Explicit content below.  Seriously, don't click play unless you can handle it. 

 

 

 

We go hard during FaT's, I couldn't resist 😛

Edited by Avacado
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Avacado said:

Awww, I am sorry to hear that.

 

 

Devil.gif

You know, if you get too close I just fire up the second 3090... 

 

 

1 hour ago, Avacado said:

I'm coming for dat ass @BWG

BWG.png.6c81d2217e83b3e9be956376b8118ffd.png

 

*Warning* Explicit content below.  Seriously, don't click play unless you can handle it. 

 

 

We go hard during FaT's, I couldn't resist 😛

Reported!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Premium Platinum
16 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

You know, if you get too close I just fire up the second 3090... 

 

 

Reported!

You better get it going now, before you have to play catch up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy