*Coming Soon* Signature Rigs & Content Embed Wizard (Google Docs,Soundcloud,Spotify & More) ×

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

EHW Headphone / Earphone Club

My DT 770 Pros broke on the right so I bought some DT 1770 Pros. I'm using a Pioneer A-300R Precision with it on my desktop, I bought a FiiO K3 that I'm going to use as a DAC because I like to imagine it's better than the built in DAC in my motherboard. If it's not better I can just send it back and carry on doing what I'm doing now.

Update: K3 sounded the same, I'm returning it and just going to use the motherboard onboard DAC and the Pioneer A-300R Precision with the DT 1770 Pros.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a Sennheiser PXC550. I take it with me to hotels and ships (lots of ambient noise), and I fall asleep with it almost every night.  Also at home, active noise cancelling and some music and I

Posted Images

My DT 770 Pros broke on the right so I bought some DT 1770 Pros. I'm using a Pioneer A-300R Precision with it on my desktop, I bought a FiiO K3 that I'm going to use as a DAC because I like to imagine it's better than the built in DAC in my motherboard. If it's not better I can just send it back and carry on doing what I'm doing now.

Done :thumbs_thumbsupup:

@Simmons, add AirPods to my list in the spreadsheet because it's funny and will make some people angry :happy_biggrin:

Also done :thumbs_thumbsupup:

• 2 weeks later...

What broke on them the cable? it's pretty easy to replace it.

What broke on them the cable? it's pretty easy to replace it.

Not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it would require soldering as it was intermittent for a few weeks before it finally stopped working completely. I've already got the DT1770 Pros now, I don't think it's going to be easy to go back to 770s ?

Not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it would require soldering as it was intermittent for a few weeks before it finally stopped working completely. I've already got the DT1770 Pros now, I don't think it's going to be easy to go back to 770s ?

Yeah it does require soldering, but it's pretty quick and easy to solder a new cable on DT770's, if mine will break I will add an XLR jack on mine for the convenience of removable cable.

Can help!

Home;

• Sennheiser HD700s
  • SB AE-9

Work;

• Sennheiser Game Zeros
  • SB E1

My speakers a bit more on the fun side, but this isn't the thread for that. 😁

• Edifier W860NB ANC
  • Sennheiser PX 100-II with Yaxi Earpads
  • Koss Porta Pro with Yaxi Earpads

Other accessories:

• LG V20
  • FiiO A3

I'm a basement dweller when it comes to headphones since I rarely wear them and I've always been way more invested in speakers, but I got a great deal on the Edifier W860NB earlier this year that I'm looking forward to using when I fly again.

Shopping for active noise cancellation as a feature made comparisons difficult. It's a value-added feature that doesn't directly translate to SQ from the cans themselves, and people don't often compare SQ between ANC and non-ANC headphones. Despite how much I dislike them as a speaker company, I admit that I gave Bose a much longer look than expected with a used pair of QuietComfort 35 II's.

I regret buying Topping to be honest. Should have gone for Schiit. I fell victim to peer pressure and measurement graphs contrary to my nature where I listen to stuff before buy them. Everytime I plug my cans in my NAD I realize what an idiot I was.