We are undertaking some maintenance and improvements over the next few weeks. Apologies in advance for any temporary hiccups during this time. ×

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

Zen3, x570, and Samsung B-Die

EHW Content Creator

Anyone pushing over 3800 yet? Also, what clock speed and timings are you at right now? I just got all of this stuff and was on a 1700x before. 5800x quite nice.

Edited by BWG
Administrators

I have not just yet with my 5950X setup on my Asrock Aqua. I am hoping the new AGESA update now being released will yield some fruits in the DRAM stability realm as well as being able to push the Infinity Fabric further.

At the moment I am at 3600Mhz on the RAM, though I'm on my phone and cannot recall my timings but will list them later.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

What is this "B die" I keep hearing about.

Kind of been out of the game so been a bit confused on what RAM I should be looking at for the new rig.

Samsung-B die is the cat's meow in the DDR4 RAM world, usually great overclockers while capable of tight timings. Officially, they stopped producing it but there are still some new kits around with it as vendors had stock-piled it. I have 4 kits of GSkill Samsung-B 3866 and LOVE it. Samsung-B can also take quite a lot of voltage (though I'm conservative with that).

Case in point: While not a Ryzen 5K series, I just picked up a 3950X which turned out to be both a great bin (CPU speed) and also is running InFin 1900 MHz/ 32 GB DDR4 Samsung-B at 3800 MHz right out of the box at stock voltages. Just got this X570 setup a few days ago to replace a X99 quad channel 5960X (that was running that very memory kit, at different speed). Now in the process of tightening all the timings...getting there, but perhaps a bit left on the table...meanwhile the 5960X mobo needs a bit of attention, but when that is done, it will get my last free Samsung-B kit...

if1900tightUU.jpg.a6fd1de40fb6744a7f4424592f0f16bf.jpg

Administrators

Ironically my TeamGroup Dark Pro RAM (B-die) on my X570 Asrock board struggles to go above 3600Mhz, however my TeamGroup Xtreem ARGB (High binned Micron) works at 4000Mhz XMP out of the box just fine.

1 minute ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Ironically my TeamGroup Dark Pro RAM (B-die) on my X570 Asrock board struggles to go above 3600Mhz, however my TeamGroup Xtreem ARGB (High binned Micron) works at 4000Mhz XMP out of the box just fine.

...never had an ASRock mobo, but I had one of the Sammy-B kits up to 4133 MHz or so (on a binned 6700K ES, Gigabyte Z170 SOC Force). I like the fact this Sammy-B kit - nominal 3866 - gives you a big range of options re. timings and bandwidth. All that said, I hear very good things about the high binned Micron (ie TeamGroup Xtreem ARGB).