Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

ExtremeHW gets "The Marketplace"

Administrators

Hello all, 

Thanks to some generous members, specifically @axipher & @Avacado we will now start development of the marketplace feature for the forums which will allow users to Sell, Trade and Appraise, please join me in thanking them :) . We hope to have this in place as soon as possible please note that the rules for the marketplace have not been announced and will come prior to the opening of the marketplace. 

Right now due to ongoing dev works with other features, the order of release will be:

Custom User Status - Completed (To be perfected)

Rig Creator (Almost completed)
Premium Settings Section (Almost completed)
Social Icons  - (Almost completed)

Web Content Embed Wizard 

Dark Theme

***Marketplace***

We look forward to giving all of you a venue for all your buying and trading needs. 

All the best,

Team EHW

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,    Thanks to some generous members, specifically @axipher & @Avacado we will now start development of the marketplace feature for the forums which will allow users to Sell, Tr

Looking to buying other member's used junk again!

I made a thread last night in the AMD general section about my builds, but..... AMD K6 / Radeon 7000 era GPU AMD K7 (Barton probably) / Radeon 9800 or whatever high end AGP AMD K8 (939 Opter

Posted Images

Administrators
3 hours ago, axipher said:

Looking to buying other member's used junk again!

One man's junk is another man's treasure...well assuming it is not DOA. At that point you have a paperweight haha.

Premium Bronze
19 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

One man's junk is another man's treasure...well assuming it is not DOA. At that point you have a paperweight haha.

at this point with the way GPU and CPU availability is, used junk IS treasure.... I paid 360$ or so for my 5700xt some time back... went to the same page and it was listed at 1399$... I think it's come down some since, but holy crap, I saw used ones on ebay going for over 700 with bids!... wish I had an extra one to sell.

Administrators
18 minutes ago, Minotaurtoo said:

at this point with the way GPU and CPU availability is, used junk IS treasure.... I paid 360$ or so for my 5700xt some time back... went to the same page and it was listed at 1399$... I think it's come down some since, but holy crap, I saw used ones on ebay going for over 700 with bids!... wish I had an extra one to sell.

Good lord that is some markup. This whole supply and demand thing is awful, especially when older gen tech also starts getting marked up, so not cool.

Premium Bronze
2 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Good lord that is some markup. This whole supply and demand thing is awful, especially when older gen tech also starts getting marked up, so not cool.

just an example from ebay: clicky

and an auction: clicky

both are my exact card... and yeah, I can find some cheaper, but they are from less reputable dealers and overseas... so yeah, market place is needed here to help combat this stuff.

EHW Folding@Home

I feel bad for my friends locally who are trying to get in to PC gaming, I've had to tell 4 of them to just order a Ryzen based Gaming Laptop because that's easier then trying to build a PC.  Definitely would look forward to helping other members out with deals on parts at proper prices.

Administrators
28 minutes ago, axipher said:

I feel bad for my friends locally who are trying to get in to PC gaming, I've had to tell 4 of them to just order a Ryzen based Gaming Laptop because that's easier then trying to build a PC.  Definitely would look forward to helping other members out with deals on parts at proper prices.

My friend @Sgt_Swanny is in the process of building a rig and is also getting the brunt of the BS in the market right now.

31 minutes ago, axipher said:

3000 series ryzen CPUs are selling for decent prices on eBay and there are plenty of cheap motherboards available. 

12 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

If you guys really want to see how far back this cascading effect reaches, I bought an EVGA 980 Ti Classified for $297 including shipping in May 2017.

Out of six 980 Ti Classified cards sold on eBay US so far this month, including shipping, four of them have sold for more. The range is $260-327. Also, sales tax is now mandatory as well, which I didn't have to pay on eBay back in 2017.

Of course now I wish I had snagged a 2080 Ti when they cratered down to $500.

Edited by Snakecharmed
On 2/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, UltraMega said:

I have a lot of DDR3 era parts, lots of heatsinks. A literally small pile of hyper 212s. Also thinking about selling my current cpu and upgrading. Anyone want a 7700k delidded? 😁

Yeno I was really interested until I googled what a delidded cpu is😂😂 didn't even know that was a thing people did

7 minutes ago, Sleepiihead said:

Yeno I was really interested until I googled what a delidded cpu is😂😂 didn't even know that was a thing people did

Why would that make you less interested? 

Premium Gold
6 hours ago, mouacyk said:

Where is the market, I can't find it.

we will now start development of the marketplace

the order of release will be

Premium Platinum
13 hours ago, mouacyk said:

6 hours ago, The Pook said:

So, where is the donate button, I can't find it? I'd like to contribute some green stuff to the effort (which can be exchanged for a wide array of other multicolored stuff). 

Administrators
14 hours ago, mouacyk said:

Coming soon bud :) Will hopefully start development on it soon. It is going to be more advanced than your standard thread style listings, so need a little work :)

48 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

So, where is the donate button, I can't find it? I'd like to contribute some green stuff to the effort (which can be exchanged for a wide array of other multicolored stuff). 

The donations for the marketplace are now closed, but we do have a general site donation where users can donate towards the running of the site. Just for ref it is here: The donations for the marketplace are complete. However we do also have another general site donations where people if they wish can help support the site :) https://forums.extremehw.net/clients/donations/ 

Administrators
5 hours ago, iamjanco said:

Ah, understood, E. Just sent a little something to help with the general effort.

Much appreciated bud ! All put into the EHW account :)

Premium Gold

I am excited about a classified section because I only buy used. This alone was enough to get my money for a premium. Knowing there are other nice folks here is a bonus