Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of ExtremeHW by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.

nkomax Thermalright Thermal Pad 12.8 W/mK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a heads up. This is a great thermal pad that is my second go to next to Fujipoly. I have never found the thermalright pads on anything except aliexpress. These pads are 12.8 W/mk and are priced g

@ENTERPRISECame across this video, it is of a K80, but the principle is the same, it might give you an idea to cool these bad boys without needing to buy specific coolers for them.    P.S. D

And then I found this. Half the cost and 12 w/mk.     https://gelidstore.com/collections/thermal-pad/products/gp-extreme-thermal-pad-series-1mm  

Posted Images

Administrators
On 3/13/2021 at 6:07 PM, Avacado said:

So projeck for the day is to get the 5 Tesla's that will be on air completely renewed. Looks like it takes 1 package of 1.5mm for each card @ENTERPRISE Takes about 20-30 minutes per card to do it right. I found that using a TIM spreader will take off the old thermal tape without scratching the cooler. 

Old. The TIM was so dry that it cracked and caked off when I tried to remove it!

Old.thumb.jpg.5a38e63969a0722774352442ed75c129.jpg

Renewed.

Renewed.thumb.jpg.7c6245e3387b970483028f437de37c7a.jpg

Im a noob, accidentally ordered 0.5mm pads and not 1mm lol. Back to the shop !

Premium Gold
7 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

...keep the 0.5 anyway - they might come in handy down the line (some EK blocks for example use 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc). I used the Thermalright 1.0mm on the 3090 block and VRAM temps improved by 7 C or so - though I'm not sure how to delineate the breakdown between better mounting vs. better pads 

Administrators
59 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

...keep the 0.5 anyway - they might come in handy down the line (some EK blocks for example use 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc). I used the Thermalright 1.0mm on the 3090 block and VRAM temps improved by 7 C or so - though I'm not sure how to delineate the breakdown between better mounting vs. better pads 

Yeah will keep them for spares. Just finished ordering the new pads but stock levels suck so have to wait a while for stock to come in.

EHW News Editor
2 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Luckily for you, you shouldn't need to order much, only one strip is 1.0 thick, you could stack 2 layers of 0.5 and it would be fine. If you have the 1.5mm, I would push forward.

Administrators
21 hours ago, Avacado said:

Luckily for you, you shouldn't need to order much, only one strip is 1.0 thick, you could stack 2 layers of 0.5 and it would be fine. If you have the 1.5mm, I would push forward.

Yeah may stack them, though I did already order a load, either way I will have lots of spares haha.

EHW News Editor
46 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Yeah may stack them, though I did already order a load, either way I will have lots of spares haha.

You just turned my Friyay into a Fryneigh. No one wants to hear about your "Load" E. E before load, e after load. 

Administrators
8 minutes ago, Avacado said:

You just turned my Friyay into a Fryneigh. No one wants to hear about your "Load" E. E before load, e after load. 

You are a bad person lol.